Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Broadband Problem - Not a speed / signal issue

Options
  • 23-11-2011 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭

I'm having repeated difficulties with my Meteor Mobile Broadband hotspot. I have perfect 3G signal and when it works it's really quick as I live in a remote area. (3G signal is a miracle!!!)

Anyway my Huawei device keeps kicking my devices (phone / tablet / laptop) off the broadband for no reason whilst I am actively using the broadband.

I have sent one device back to Meteor already to have it replaced and received another one with the same problems.

I reset the device every evening before I use it after work and that does seem to help but it still drops out during the evening at least once whilst I am using it.

I tested to make sure it was a device problem by using the sim in my HTC Sensation which worked flawlessly and never kicked me off the internet even once in a week of using it.

Anyone encounter this or have any suggested solutions?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

It sounds like you need to disable the firewall on the router, it's detecting these devices as a intrusion.

I don't know the url for the hotspot off hand but the username and password are both admin.

It's common on most routers, you still have a windows firewall so your not leaving yourself open to anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

It sounds like you need to disable the firewall on the router, it's detecting these devices as a intrusion.

I don't know the url for the hotspot off hand but the username and password are both admin.

It's common on most routers, you still have a windows firewall so your not leaving yourself open to anything.

Thanks for that. I've done that now so hopefully that will work.

Used 192.168.1.1 to get access

lassykk wrote: »

Thanks for that. I've done that now so hopefully that will work.

Used 192.168.1.1 to get access

Just an update to this I disabled the firewall in the settings as advised and it did not improve the situation.

The mobile router kicked me off the internet so many times this evening I had to give up on it and taken the meteor sim out of it and put it in my HTC Sensation and use it as wi-fi hotspot.

It's ridiculous how useless these Huawei devices are. If no one can suggest a fix to this I'm going to try bring the device back to meteor and get a cheap android phone and use that as a wireless hotspot instead.

Does anyone else experience these issues?
    I'm on my second device and same problems on both!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Is there a log file on the device?

Sounds like there is something else going on. It is not coincidence that two devices have the exact same problem.

Also try adding the mac addresses of the tablet/phone/laptop to the hotspot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Hmm not sure regarding the MiFi router from Meteor. Im using a Huawei B260a modem from Three with a meteor sim in it.

Works fine. Though i could never get it to work with my old E5830.

• Advertisement

I can't see a log file anywhere but I reset to factory settings and rebooted the device to make sure any settings I have tried up till now weren't upsetting it.

I added the Mac addresses to the router last night and it appears to be working OK for now.

I'm quite sure it won't last though as it never does!!!

Advertisement