Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phone line speed

Options
  • 23-11-2011 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

my local eircom exchange (dundrum, co.tipp) was upgraded to NGB broadband some time back, BUT i am still only able to get 5mb speed. ericom are telling me that its all my line can take, even though i am about 1 mile from the exchange and my phone line was only installed about 3-4 yrs ago.

I really need a higher speed but eircom are unwilling to state what can be done about my phone line.

the broadband is reliable, no issues there but i'd like more speed.

what can i do ?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

thehorse wrote: »
    Hi All,

my local eircom exchange (dundrum, co.tipp) was upgraded to NGB broadband some time back, BUT i am still only able to get 5mb speed. ericom are telling me that its all my line can take, even though i am about 1 mile from the exchange and my phone line was only installed about 3-4 yrs ago.

I really need a higher speed but eircom are unwilling to state what can be done about my phone line.

the broadband is reliable, no issues there but i'd like more speed.

what can i do ?.

Hi thehorse,

Thanks for your post.

Can you PM me with your home phone or eircom Account number and I will look into this query.

Cheers,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭thehorse

hi Ant,

PM sent with my phone number.

Thanks

Advertisement