Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia Employment Expo 2011 - Aviva Stadium, November 26th & 27th

Options
  • 23-11-2011 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

https://www.eventelephant.com/australiaemploymentexpo2011

Just wondering if anyone else has heard about this or intends going to it?

Looking to get more information myself as I would be looking to get work in the health area but there isn't much info with regards to my area of expertise. Have emailed them about it but still waiting on a response.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Theimprover

Will the employers be offering sponsorship?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Will there be any sponsorship in i.t?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 gally87

Hi Gally87,

I am from the Australia Employment Expo Team. We have received a large amount of queries in the past couple of days; please accept our apologies if there has been a delay in responding to your email query. You can find more information about jobs in the health area here: https://www.eventelephant.com/australiaemploymentexpo2011healthwellbeing
    You can also bring your CV on the day if you would like to talk to exhibitors hiring in this area.

Thanks,

Australia Employment Expo Team

Hi,

Any chance I could PM you my original query?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

I went to this today. Didn't find it very useful. Anyone else go?

kkelly77 wrote: »
    I went to this today. Didn't find it very useful. Anyone else go?

Hi do you mind me asking what kind of stuff is at it? Is it basically just all the employers that are listed on the website or is there anything more? I plan to travel up from Donegal tomorrow to it but don't want to waste my time if it isn't worthwhile.

• Advertisement

gally87 wrote: »
    Hi,

Any chance I could PM you my original query?

PM'd them on Thursday and still haven't heard back. Not impressed.

Hi do you mind me asking what kind of stuff is at it? Is it basically just all the employers that are listed on the website or is there anything more? I plan to travel up from Donegal tomorrow to it but don't want to waste my time if it isn't worthwhile.

The "event" itself is tiny. Only about 10-12 stands and there was no representative at the Western Australia Visa stand. Waited around for about 15 mins for someone to turn up. I just filled in a form they had on the desk and left it there. No idea if it got into the right hands.

The jobs available are for a very limited area, construction/engineering, the event site has more info. If you meet any of those criteria, then it may be of benefit. I didn't but thought there would be more opportunities from the recruitment agencies that were there. All they asked was to email my CV to them. Very disappointing overall.

The "event" itself is tiny. Only about 10-12 stands and there was no representative at the Western Australia Visa stand. Waited around for about 15 mins for someone to turn up. I just filled in a form they had on the desk and left it there. No idea if it got into the right hands.

The jobs available are for a very limited area, construction/engineering, the event site has more info. If you meet any of those criteria, then it may be of benefit. I didn't but thought there would be more opportunities from the recruitment agencies that were there. All they asked was to email my CV to them. Very disappointing overall.

Cheers for that. Anything about jobs in the health sector at it or was it just construction/engineering? That's what I would be interested in.

Cheers for that. Anything about jobs in the health sector at it or was it just construction/engineering? That's what I would be interested in.

I saw one stand for the Royal Flying Doctor Service and one for VHI (I assume they were just flogging travel insurance). I'm not from a medical background so wasn't talking to anyone from that area. The recruitment agencies there might have something in that area too but I didn't enquire.

I saw one stand for the Royal Flying Doctor Service and one for VHI (I assume they were just flogging travel insurance). I'm not from a medical background so wasn't talking to anyone from that area. The recruitment agencies there might have something in that area too but I didn't enquire.

That's good to know thanks. Sorry one last question, I'm a a bit of a pain at this stage, what were the names of the recruitment agencies? I might look them up.

• Advertisement

That's good to know thanks. Sorry one last question, I'm a a bit of a pain at this stage, what were the names of the recruitment agencies? I might look them up.

No worries :D

Osborne - www.osborne.ie email: australia@osborne.ie

Australian Skilled Migration - australianskilledmigration.com.au
    email: australianskilledmigration.com.au@gmail.com

Navitas - www.navitasws.com email: info@navitasws.com

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭richiee

I traveled from Mayo to this event, It was pretty useless. More info online than at the expo. Very dissappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

richiee wrote: »
    I traveled from Mayo to this event, It was pretty useless. More info online than at the expo. Very dissappointing.

What and you expected otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭LizOHagan

In general expos only give you a chance to speak to people for a few minutes about a lifetime decision. Complete extensive research online!

With companies and recruiters they are generally seeking a limited number of occupations. Plus the demand for sponsorship from within Australia is very high so competition is fierce. Also check what limitations a sponsorship visa provides especially for the temporary visa where you are tied to the employer, have no medical or social welfare benefits etc. Sponsorship is simply not as easy as people pretend it to be and most people on this forum will not be successful. By all means investigate your options but also consider how to independently get to Australia such as a skilled visa etc and keep all options open.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Good advice Liz

I know some people around here can be Anti-Migration agent becsuse some are commercially sales driven but when you give good frank advice like that it does reset the balance. For some people a good migration agent is still essential as they maybe not confident to do it alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭LizOHagan

Thanks Mandrake....I'm living in Ireland over 10 years (im from Perth) and let's just say I am so sick of 'sales people' talking rubbish and calling themselves migration agents. Research must be done and yes I'm the first to say people can do this themselves but if they want help make sure that the person (not the company) who will work with you is registered with www.mara.gov.au and that the company don't just outsource your valuable application to a sales/admin team.

LizOHagan wrote: »
    Thanks Mandrake....I'm living in Ireland over 10 years (im from Perth) and let's just say I am so sick of 'sales people' talking rubbish and calling themselves migration agents. Research must be done and yes I'm the first to say people can do this themselves but if they want help make sure that the person (not the company) who will work with you is registered with www.mara.gov.au and that the company don't just outsource your valuable application to a sales/admin team.

Has there been much change to the skill migration process since '09 Liz? That's when I tried to go down that road but fell short due to the TRA requiring 5 consecutive years experience, which only changed to consecutive when I applied :rolleyes: ?

Advertisement