Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overcharged on weekend away

Options
  • 23-11-2011 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi

I stayed in an Appartment in Dublin for 2 nights in October 2011. I recently received my October credit card bill and there is a charge from the appartments for €100 (we paid our bill in full on arrival).

When I contacted the appartments, they siad the charge was the outstanding amount owed. I disputed this as we paid our bill in full on arrival. I paid €119.20 and my friend paid €100 in cash and when we were checking out no reference was made to the 'outstanding bill'. They reviewed the CCTV footage and are still claiming that we only paid €119.20.

I have no receipt.

I was wondering what are my rights now?

I am awating to hear back from the appartments as they are going to to talk the person who checked us in to see what their story is.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ants09

nemo10 wrote: »
    They reviewed the CCTV footage and are still claiming that we only paid €119.20 .

If i were you i would asked them for a copy of the cctv :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Ideally you should have received a final invoice showing that the amount due had been cleared.

You really need to review that CCTV footage to see if there is any record of the €100 cash payment. Otherwise, without a receipt, there is no proof that it was ever paid.

Advertisement