Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 12 thread

Options
  • 23-11-2011 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭

No dilemmas for me this week, just want to note an insane projection for my Percy Harvin: 58 rushing yards, 1 TD, 97 yards 1 TD receiving, they're so far off it's funny.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Had a look at my match up there and I noticed I was losing it on the basis of the projected points. Then I realised I had Brees on the bench and Cutler starting. Now it's back to normal and I'm winning it by 20 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Fred Jackson is now out this week. Thats my starting QB in Cutler and star RB both gone in the space of 3 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Fred Jackson on IR

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Would you start Vernon Davis ahead of Aaron Hernandez?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I wouldn't. Eagles middle linebackers are awful, Gronk + Hernandez should have a field day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Fred Jackson on IR

Had added CJ Spiller in a few leagues where I needed fill-ins, but I added him in every league he was on the wire in now.

Spiller has crazy upside given how much the Bills leaned on Jackson and he's already proven himself to be a very good receiving back. I'm very glad I have him in the PPR league, let alone the fact both my star RBs, AP and DMC, are injured!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Thank you Calvin Johnson, I love garbage time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Moore connects to Marshall for a 40 yard TD. Have both of them so made 15+ points on that play :D

Got caught up watching the last few episodes of the West Wing there tonight (very emotional) so I forgot there were games on. I'm currently on 33 points. Thanks in no small part to Brandon Marshall. 100 yards and a TD, and still one quarter left.

Pretty annoyed with my team's thanksgiving effort, 33 points but I had Bush, Murray and Megatron all playing. The individual efforts weren't bad but you expect at least one of those guys to step up and at least score 15 points. Hopefully Newton can match their combined efforts when he comes up against that joke of a team in Indy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

I think Indy will turn them over this week.....after a nice bye week.

as bad as they are with home field advantage and fully rested and addai probably back in the lineup, I think they their o will go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Laurent Robinson with another huge week for me this week in Boards Div 1.

Hes really added to my recieving corps and now I am beginning to believe I might have a serious shot at making the playoffs since I nabbed him off waivers 6 weeks ago.

as bad as they are with home field advantage and fully rested and addai probably back in the lineup, I think they their o will go.
    I can't see the logic in Indy winning. The Panthers will absolutely kill their defense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Teams have generally sucked after their bye week. They're not allowed practice or hold team meetings during them. Indy would have more of a chance without the bye week IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Which RB would i be better off starting Addai or Helu???

me89 wrote: »

As a rule, don't start Redskins running backs. Another rule, don't start running backs against Seattle. You do start your RBs against Carolina though, go with Addai.

matthew8 wrote: »
    As a rule, don't start Redskins running backs. Another rule, don't start running backs against Seattle. You do start your RBs against Carolina though, go with Addai.

despite practiving all weeek addai is listed as questionable. last two times he suits up it was in an emergency role and he got no carries.

start addai with caution. he might not do jack.

id try and pick up toby gerhart, or joe mcnight and srat ahead of him if available or even donald brown

personally i have addai but im benching him until i see hes back getting carries at indy

D3PO wrote: »
    despite practiving all weeek addai is listed as questionable. last two times he suits up it was in an emergency role and he got no carries.

start addai with caution. he might not do jack.

id try and pick up toby gerhart, or joe mcnight and srat ahead of him if available or even donald brown

personally i have addai but im benching him until i see hes back getting carries at indy

Personally I think the Colts are going all out to win this game, the number 1 pick is locked up and people need their jobs. Carter and Brown are pretty bad so I think they'll give it to Addai. He's unpredictable, but Helu is even less predictable with Shanahan at the helm.

If you're not starting Addai this week you may as well release him.

Personally I think the Colts are going all out to win this game, the number 1 pick is locked up and people need their jobs. Carter and Brown are pretty bad so I think they'll give it to Addai. He's unpredictable, but Helu is even less predictable with Shanahan at the helm.

If you're not starting Addai this week you may as well release him.

the colts might win and if they do their running backs will have huge games. that doesnt take away form the fact Addai didnt get a single carry in the last two games despite suiting up.

hes listed as questionable. the fact is its a gamble to start him this week as again he might only be suited up in an emergency capacity despite it being such a good matchup.

carter is a donkey but Brown isnt actually bad although his pass protection lets him down but you get no points for that in fantasy football anyway so who cares.

helu is unpredicatbale hense why i said he should go out and get McKnight or Gerhart (althoght crappy matchup for him) if available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Pretty annoyed with my team's thanksgiving effort, 33 points but I had Bush, Murray and Megatron all playing. The individual efforts weren't bad but you expect at least one of those guys to step up and at least score 15 points. Hopefully Newton can match their combined efforts when he comes up against that joke of a team in Indy.

Sounds like you have a class team :D

Been relying on those players as well lately. Need Matty Ice and Larry Fitz to have big games now.

• Advertisement

Both of my WRs have TDs now; Marshall and White. This is a cause for serious celebration :D:D:D.

Both of my WRs have TDs now; Marshall and White. This is a cause for serious celebration :D:D:D.

http://youtu.be/av8NTy5WkFc

Ha ha it's only the third time all season that Roddy's gone for more than 100 yards and the first time that he's added in a TD as well. Marshall has gone for 100 4 times and this is his 2nd time with a TD. To have both of them do it in the same week is nothing short of a miracle.

This could be a watershed moment for my two WRs. On the back of this they could potentially rack up 16 points each for the next few weeks. That'd be sensational because up till now they've been passengers at times compared to my other players and it's a miracle that I've stuck with them

me89 wrote: »

hope you listened to me and not matthew8 :cool:

My players are done and I'm on 83.72, my opponent is on 32 and has Mathews, Rivers and Janikowski to play. I think that result is safe, but what I really need to do is gain points scored on my divisional rival (32 behind going in), who is on 47 with Colston, Helu and McGahee to play.

D3PO wrote: »
    hope you listened to me and not matthew8 :cool:

In fairness Helu hasn't played yet, so who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Ball sack I picked up schillens today to replace moore and I must not have hit the confirm button. fook my life :(

Ha ha it's only the third time all season that Roddy's gone for more than 100 yards and the first time that he's added in a TD as well. Marshall has gone for 100 4 times and this is his 2nd time with a TD. To have both of them do it in the same week is nothing short of a miracle.

This could be a watershed moment for my two WRs. On the back of this they could potentially rack up 16 points each for the next few weeks. That'd be sensational because up till now they've been passengers at times compared to my other players and it's a miracle that I've stuck with them

Unluckily for you, your opponent has put up a good score, which should put you back to 8-4, allowing either myself or TBTA to take the #1 seed. I'll be really annoyed if I have to go wildcard with a 10-3 record.

Unluckily for you, your opponent has put up a good score, which should put you back to 8-4, allowing either myself or TBTA to take the #1 seed. I'll be really annoyed if I have to go wildcard with a 10-3 record.

Luckily for me though I have Brees, McCoy, Law Firm and the Gronk to play. McCoy has got a TD already. I'm confident of getting the win.

• Advertisement

Luckily for me though I have Brees, McCoy, Law Firm and the Gronk to play. McCoy has got a TD already. I'm confident of getting the win.

As it happened I didn't notice Brees in your lineup, still think you could lose, go on Pack It All In.

Advertisement