Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

livestock and builders trailers

• 23-11-2011 5:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/trailers/2452098

looking at buying a new livestock trailer and builders trailer before new year to keep the tax bill down. what are dyna power trailers. Like this one in the link. they seem a good bit cheaper than the ifor williams/nugent etc.

also what kind of money are new double axle 8x4 galvanised trailers with a ramp on the back costing. looking at the better ones like nugent, ifor, murphy trailers etc. anyone get any prices lately

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭mantua

To be honest I don't like the look of them they look like they've been made of very light material and wouldn't hold on the road to well!!
    But in saying that Ive never used one so can't really put it down before I'd try it.
    If I were to buy a new trailer I'd probably buy a nugent or porter but it depends on how much work you have for one and how much you are willing to pay for one.
    Best of luck on whatever you purchase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

I had two tonne of sand in a dyna power builders trailer today, brought it about eight miles to where i was working and when i backed into the house with it the wheel and hub just fell off . Its a new trailer with very little work done so there is no reason for this to happen . So I wouldnt be giving them the thumbs up this evening :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr.Success

in all fairness, u had the trailer well overloaded. what had you pulling it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

Mr.Success wrote: »

Not necessarily. An Ifor would be rated to carry 2.7 tonnes. Also what he had pulling it would affect the towing vehicle, not the trailer.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Hey germanrocks how often would you need a flat trailer? the ifor williams DP120 might suit you? Go for the tri - axle one though. Only downside is if the livestock body gets warped it makes putting the body on/off awkward.

Don't forget vat probably going up 2% soon as well. I wonder will these prix have a bit more cop on than the last lot of prix who changed the vat rate in the middle of a month, making it v awkward for anyone trying to do business in this country.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Mr.Success wrote: »
    No way was it overloaded , I often had more on the fathers homemade trailer without a bother . I was pulling it with a nissan patrol .
    I'm not saying its going to happen every dynapower trailer but thats what happened to me yesterday

Advertisement