Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free wifi in Tesco Extra Douglas

Options
  • 23-11-2011 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭

Maybe my eyes deceived me, but I thought I saw a sign instore at Douglas Tesco saying that you could sign up for free wifi access within the store via a clubcard ?

wifi from the centre doesn't reach inside & as there's no phone signal in most of the store it could be handy.......

Was I dreaming ? as I cant find anything on tesco.ie or googled

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Yep seen the sign also

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Yep - great idea - always wanted to update my FB status while browsing the frozen peas.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I heard about that today, but I thought it was in Paul St. I guess it makes sense that they roll it out in all the stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

alproctor wrote: »
    Yep - great idea - always wanted to update my FB status while browsing the frozen peas.....

Actually that could be pretty cool if you're one of those guys that likes to be the first to check in at a place - endless possibilities, frozen peas, milk, cheese

Any ideas where you register for it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

alproctor wrote: »
    actually there are a number of apps where you can take a photo of a barcode and it will tell you if it's cheaper elsewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Not to mention being able to use Viber for calls/texts when there's no normal coverage.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I tried to log onto the wifi network in tesco douglas but I couldn't.
    I expected to get a log in page when connected on my phone but nothing happened...

mik_da_man wrote: »
    I tried to log onto the wifi network in tesco douglas but I couldn't.
    I expected to get a log in page when connected on my phone but nothing happened...

I'm in there tomorrow for sausages - ill check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭whatislife

works for me all the time on my ipod. i had to configure settings though to make it work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

whatislife wrote: »
    works for me all the time on my ipod. i had to configure settings though to make it work

How so?

• Advertisement

Ok the sign says register at 'Tesco Wifi'

If you google it it takes you to the UK site & no mention of Irl - I've emailed customer services & will update when they reply in 2013

A

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I'm 99% certain that I get wifi on my phone when I'm in Tesco in Douglas anyway! Used to be lethal for even the phone reception before, but it has improved loads now:)

newbee22 wrote: »
    I'm 99% certain that I get wifi on my phone when I'm in Tesco in Douglas anyway! Used to be lethal for even the phone reception before, but it has improved loads now:)

Yes there is free wifi in the shopping centre but no signal in most of the tesco store for wifi or phone - tesco are now putting it in fircthemselves

Andip wrote: »
    newbee22 wrote: »

Yes there is free wifi in the shopping centre but no signal in most of the tesco store for wifi or phone - tesco are now putting it in fircthemselves

Dear Valued Customer
    Firstly, I’d like to apologise for the delay in my response, your patience is appreciated.

I’m sorry to learn of the difficulties you have experienced since trying to gain access to our free Wi Fi connection.  I can appreciate why you have brought this to my attention, as you would like some further details on how to connect to this.

In addition, I did speak to Trina from our Douglas store today, who confirmed that we have not received any contact from other customers with the same difficulties.  However, as this has clearly caused you an inconvenience, I have investigated further so I can provide you with directions on how to gain access to this free service.

Using your Wi Fi device in store, select “Tesco Wi Fi” from the network list.  Open your internet browser and the Wi Fi registration page will open.

Simply enter your Clubcard number and follow the on screen instructions.  If you aren’t a Clubcard holder, you can still log on to trial 15 minutes of free Wi Fi.

Finally, I do hope you find my response helpful and thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Kind regards

Robert Day
    Tesco Ireland Customer Service

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Tried again today, got to the log in page, entered my clubcard number but then got a page could not be found error :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

I tried today in another store and got to the clubcard number page, put in number but it just timed out repeatedly!

Anyone got it working yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭hughowen

Been working for months now, searched for available wi-fi, entered clubcard number and it's on. No need to do it a second time and also works in Paul St and Midleton and as far as I know any other wi-fi Tesco zones

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭TBoneMan

just use the "DouglasVillageWiFi" in the centre ... always works for me , no password or registration needed

Advertisement