Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag Party in Kinsale

Options
  • 23-11-2011 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm planning my stag party for April 2012. I was at a stag in Dingle and had a great time. We loved all the small pubs and we got cheap accommodation.

I'm looking to do something similar. We would have about 20 odd at it and they would be in their late 20's.

My questions are?
    1) Are there many lively pubs? (We wouldn't be too rowdy but still want a bit of life)
    2) Are there many nightclubs?
    3) Is there any self catering accommodation or hostels that would take a large group?
    4) Are there any good pubs in the country side around Kinsale? (I was thinking of organising a bus out to a pub or somewhere in the afternoon on Saturday)
    5) Would it be busy in April?

Any other useful info would be gratefully appreciated
    Also if anyone has a suggestion for another town that might fit the bill please let me know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 susieos

Hi Tubbs,
    First and foremost, congratulations!! I've been out in Kinsale a good few times so I'll try and answer your questions as best I can...

Kinsale always has a buzz about the place, so i wouldn't worry about that aspect of your trip.
    As regards pubs, Hamlets, the blue haven ( which has an adjoining restaurant that does great grub) and smiths are good spots. I would steer well clear of the white lady night club however, its a dump and gets quite rough. Not sure about self catering, we stayed in Acton's hotel....

Maybe think about Oyster haven, which is a outdoor pursuits centre fo something to do during the day?

However if you are expecting another dingle, prepare to be disappointed, the only thing that will be better in Kinsale is the food....maybe!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Hi Tubbs and congratulations!

Surfing at Garrestown beach would a great activity for a stag weekend. There are a few schools that will be able to take care of you and Garrestown is only 15 from Kinsale. Another good option is to rent some boats and go fishing if you are into fishing. There is a really good boat hire service right at the Trident hotel. (google both)

If your date slips into May you may want to avoid May 5/6 as Kinsale Rugby Sevens is on that weekend and the town will be seriously packed.

The Greyhound, Spaniard and Bulman are my favourite pubs in town and definitely worth checking out. Slightly outside the town the Dock Pub at Sandycove beach is really good (when sun is shining).

There a few nightclubs (probably 4 or 5) but never been in any of them!

Selfcatering - how big is your group?

Eating - again how big is your crowd? Most restaurants are quite small and full of couples on romantic candle lit dinners but the Blue Have / Hamlets (as susieos notes) would be able to take good care of you.

Good luck - its a great town!

Advertisement