Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco & SVP Donation

Options
  • 23-11-2011 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭

I was recently at the till in Tesco and saw the leaflet to donate 3.50 to SVP. I included it in my shopping - it seemed simple enough, it just said scan this leaflet to donate 3.50 to SVP.

When I got home and checked my receipt, it had actually scanned in at 9.99.

Now I don't mind giving that amount to SVP at all but my concern is that SVP are actually getting this amount as opposed to getting 3.50, and tesco are keeping the rest!!

I haven't had the chance to go back to the store yet but just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I remember those leaflets, there were in stores a few weeks ago. I never heard of them scanning at the higher amount. Ring the number on the bottom of the receipt and get them to investigate it.

I dont think there is a way the operator can change the amount being donated, its just automatically costs €3.50.

What is the description on the receipt?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

It says 'Forget me Not SVP'....9.99...

I'll get back down there today and query it with them and report back..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lamtara

I got one of those leaflets too and scanned it - did not check my receipt, should have! What Tesco did you see it in?

All extra's stores got them, I think they came in about 6 weeks ago, around the time the kids were going back to school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lamtara

Cool - that makes sense, it was about then I had the leaflet. Wondering of there are some floating around? Hear SVP all over the radio now, things are really bad so guess all donations will be needed.....

• Advertisement

I had almost forgotten about this receipt, but I headed back to Tesco with it today.

I asked the girl on the till to scan in one of the leaflets at her till today which clearly says 'Donate 3.50 to SVP if you scan this leaflet'. There was a queue at customer service, so I wanted to be sure I was right, as my original receipt had the 9.99 listed at 'Forget me Not'...

Lo and behold, todays leaflet also scanned at 9.99!!!! So almost a week after my leaflet scanned incorrectly, it appears that ALL the SVP leaflets are still scanning incorrectly!!!

I queued up in the Customer Service desk and got a refund of 6.50 and the girl at the till brought it to the attention of the manager - which leads me to be believe (by her reaction) that I am the first customer to have spotted this - because surely I can't have been the only customer scanning this leaflet in the past week!!

Anyway, letter on it's way to SVP and Tesco!!

That is so bad, I thought it was a really good idea when I saw the leaflets, I'd never seen anything like that but its a really bad reflection on both companies that it isnt working.

Write to Tesco at:

Tesco Ireland, Charity and Community, Gresham House, Marine Road, Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin.

That is so bad, I thought it was a really good idea when I saw the leaflets, I'd never seen anything like that but its a really bad reflection on both companies that it isnt working.

Write to Tesco at:

Tesco Ireland, Charity and Community, Gresham House, Marine Road, Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin.

I'll be sending a letter off to them today! My concern is who got the extra 6.50 to be honest and my assumption is that Tesco have been pocketing it until I spotted it! I doubt they would have handed it back to me so quickly if they had been giving it to SVP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Fittle wrote: »
    I'll be sending a letter off to them today! My concern is who got the extra 6.50 to be honest and my assumption is that Tesco have been pocketing it until I spotted it! I doubt they would have handed it back to me so quickly if they had been giving it to SVP!

I doubt very much that Tesco have been getting the €6.50 overcharge.
    It's obviously a system error and should be fixed now that it has been noticed.

• Advertisement

sarahbro wrote: »

Who else would have been getting it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Fittle wrote: »
    sarahbro wrote: »

Who else would have been getting it?

Svp? They were originally getting 3.50 so why would Tesco split the transaction to get 6.50?
    Doesn't make sense

Because I assume that it was Tesco who put the code in incorrectly - I also assume that they would give a 'lump sum' of 3.50's to SVP...not a lump sum of 9.99s to SVP!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's hard to say to be honest - it all depends on how their till & accounting system is set up.

If the money is being credited to a particular GL account or centre, then it may be a case of straight in and straight out to SVdP. Or it may be more complicated, perhaps based on no of transactions * amount.

It's really just speculation on our part. I'd suggest writing a formal lettter addressed to the folks above so that Tesco have a chance to be informed on the matter.

Advertisement