Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broken GHD :-(

• 23-11-2011 5:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Anybody know a good value place to get GHDs fixed? I stood on mine and broke the arm :( Has anyone used ghdrepairs.ie? They quote 20euro for a repair + parts, which can be up to 30 euro so that would be up to 50 in total. There seem to be places in te UK that are cheaper.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

When did you buy it?

Did ya buy it in Peter Marks? I think they fix it for a year after purchase, could be wrong though :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

I've had it a few years so it's defo not under warranty. Plus, I doubt that would cover standing on it!! Anyway, turns out the ghd guy said it is fixable - you can get new arm casings (which he will slot all the plates and inside bits into I presume). For 35euro. I'll let you know how I get on. I broke another one a few years ago standing on it as well, and just threw it out. I don't have 180quid or whatever they cost now this close to Christmas so I think I'll take a chance on the repair.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

mastercare.ie will do it for about €30 in 2 days, got mine done there a month ago, mine are over 7 years old and I thought they were finished,but now they're like new!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

If you are near Dublin 15 there is a electrical repair shop that will fix GHDs for 15euro. They have a good, reliable service. I've used them before to repair mobile phones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Thanks for the replies.
    If you are near Dublin 15 there is a electrical repair shop that will fix GHDs for 15euro. They have a good, reliable service. I've used them before to repair mobile phones

It's not an electrical probalm, I need a new arm, which appears to bump up the price everywhere - repair + part.

• Advertisement
Advertisement