Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSM autodialler professional special offer

Options
  • 23-11-2011 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

hi allHave Aritech CS 350.Its old but working fine. I have no landline but i see Northwood Tech have advertised the above dialler on their site only 199 euro. From reading the spec it seems ideal for what i require.I wondered if anyone has used this or similar , would some one with basic alarm knowledge be able to wire this to panel?I know this is a great forum to help people with advice therefore i was thinking of having a go!Appreciate your advice.Many ThanksMINDER

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Link ?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭minder2009

Tried to do the link will try it again just got an email from north wood advertising it! Will try link it again later ra

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No bother, just curious. Its unusual for Northwood to have prices up on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Here you go. Does the job minder and will work with your system to give either voice or text. They cost €240.79 including VAT. Pyronixs GSM would be better value for in around the same price.
    The cheapest place to get one is here:

CONDOR SECURITY DISTRIBUTION LTD.
    23A Greenhills Industrial Estate,
    Greenhills Road, Walkinstown, Dublin 12, Ireland.
    01 409 7733/34

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Not really a special offer but I would consider upgrading the panel as well.
    Spending around 250 for a gsm with very limited finctionality on an alarm system that is over 10-15 years old would not be a wise move

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭minder2009

ya i agree. Your right. I suppose newer panels would have dialler built in too?! What general funtionality would a newer alarm panel have i wonder? I mean what would it do that would be of benefit to a homeowner

It depends on the panel you go for really .
    Wireless would be standard on most. The option of more zones. Remote control for text or internet. X 10 home automation. Access control.
    Lots more options these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

minder2009 wrote: »
    ya i agree. Your right. I suppose newer panels would have dialler built in too?! What general funtionality would a newer alarm panel have i wonder? I mean what would it do that would be of benefit to a homeowner

The dialer is not necessarily built in to most system but can be added. With a GSM off the same new system you would have more control over the alarm system for setting/unsetting, turning on lights, heat.

Advertisement