Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BATTLEZONE 5

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭garrybergin

Tom Maguire is the new battle zone lightweight champ. GNP over Redmond after 3.42 of

Mulpeter takes the belt by unanimous decision!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Thanks Gary. my twitter app keeps fore closing so I'm grateful for the updates.

No worries Martin , it was roper updating coz he cant afford an iPad a was using mine at the show!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

No worries Martin , it was roper updating coz he cant afford an iPad a was using mine at the show!
    What? I never even saw you there. What are these accusations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

IMG_4847.jpg

IMG_3891.jpg

IMG_4582.jpg

IMG_5906.jpg

More at SevereMMA.com

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mmmm...not sure

Who is that going over the shoulder? Any videos of the mulpeter fight by all accounts was the best irish mma fight ever

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

That is Dennis Perry

SevereMMA wrote: »
    That is Dennis Perry

What type of throw was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭lukeyjudo

It was a judo throw. A te guruma variation.

Another fantastic battlezone. The main event was the greatest Irish fight I've ever seen. Absolutely epic!

Have to agree with Luke, the last minute of the fight was like something out of a Rocky movie....best Irish fight I've ever seen too....congrats to both fighters - amazing ,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

That was the best fight I have ever witnessed live, and I've seen my share and other people's shares too. An amazing experience to be cageside. The only comparable experience I've had was watching Gatti vs Ward II, the difference being I sat in my living room watching that.

Put that fight on any card, anywhere in the world, with any audience Irish or otherwise watching it, and they will be jumping from their seats like everyone in the house was on Saturday night. Congratulations to Philip on his title win, and to John on his efforts.

On another note, I'm sure I wasn't the only guy in the house who appreciated Tom Maguire picking up the lightweight title. Tom must be the best Irish fighter never to win a title up to that point. I see guys picking up titles and trophies who wouldn't be able to hang with Tom for 30 seconds, and Tom has been around fighting tough guys for as long as there's been shows in Ireland, you just don't see him talking about it on Facebook :)

Congrats to Andy et al for another great Battlezone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

On another note, I'm sure I wasn't the only guy in the house who appreciated Tom Maguire picking up the lightweight title. Tom must be the best Irish fighter never to win a title up to that point. I see guys picking up titles and trophies who wouldn't be able to hang with Tom for 30 seconds, and Tom has been around fighting tough guys for as long as there's been shows in Ireland, you just don't see him talking about it on Facebook :)

Congrats to Andy et al for another great Battlezone.
    Tom is a great fighter and a sound fella, nice to see a title make its way back to Kerry!

darced wrote: »

Just seen the video of that fight altho the slam looked good was so ineffective perry was straight back up on his feet and it seemed to take all of doyle stamina as he had his gumshield out of his mouth by end of round 1 tryin to help himself breathe and perry got a tko win in round 2 surely a coach would not want their fighter using a slam if it used their stamina up and is most of the time ineffective?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Was the Lobov/Khampsath bout scrapped?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Anywhere to watch videos?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

darced wrote: »

Good point almost all big slams local and on the world stage end up with guys losing position,in fairness it was a high action fight and i think was doyles first so you could excuse the stamina problem.

+1 for Tom maguire,that was a crushing display of top game.[/Quote]

I think it was his 2nd mate as far as i can remember he fought in last battlezone and used a few slams in that fight

I have seen a few fights on you tube but cannot find the mulpeter and donnelly fight and thats the main fight i want to see after all the reviews about it

Any videos of the fights? Sounds like the main event was a cracker by all accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

I think it was his 2nd mate as far as i can remember he fought in last battlezone and used a few slams in that fight

It was his 2nd fight. The slam worked well on the last Battlezone as he got a ground and pound finish after the 2nd slam in the fight. Perry done very well & got straight back up to his feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Kieran81

+1 for that , delighted to see him win a title , you'd have to admire the way he goes about his fights , gets in there with anybody and always fights hard and honest and always shows great sportsmanship

+1 for Tom Maguire! Total gentleman and around many years now. He really understands the fact that you win fights in the cage and not on Facebook, twitter or boards.... And he does it very well, congrats Tom

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Conor your a one trick pony

Still thinks so?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭blackbelt1

Some absolute gold on this thread :D

Id bet short odds the lads giving him grief back then are no doubt on the bandwagon now hes a ufc title contender

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and all that but talk about a complete fail LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Jesus kev doyle's throws. where is that photo of paul fox..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭Lazare

How's that workin out for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Jesus kev doyle's throws. where is that photo of paul fox..

Is this the one you were looking for? :-D I remember Luke asking Barry would he keep Kevs division on the ground floor, because someone might hit the roof upstairs (in the old IP gym)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackwigan

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

NOTORIOUS. wrote: »
    I respect that FAI,, I know my coach is not happy about all this either

This all started as banter but has just escalated,,,i respect your boys and will leave it at that,,,

If they fight well this year id be happy to fight them sometime in the future

And of course i believe in myself,,,i believe in myself more than anything,,,to make it in this game you ave to believe in yourself,, over all else.

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/687093647741992961

Great read this thread.

Advertisement