Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best live venue in dublin?

Options
  • 23-11-2011 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭

For pa sound and access to front of stage I'd say Tripod is the best, for general atmosphere and sound I'd sat Button factory is a close second.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

seen Ocean Colour Scene in the Academy before and thought it was a pretty good small venue, I'd love to see a decent band try out the new Grand Canal Theatre to see what thats like..

Also the Point is excellent since it's refurbishment considering how bad it was previously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

The Olympia is the best venue in Dublin for live gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

nm wrote: »
    The Olympia is the best venue in Dublin for live gigs

Sound and restricted view of the stage mitigates against that in my books.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭trashcan

Dotsey wrote: »
    seen Ocean Colour Scene in the Academy before and thought it was a pretty good small venue, I'd love to see a decent band try out the new Grand Canal Theatre to see what thats like..

Also the Point is excellent since it's refurbishment considering how bad it was previously

Saw Belle and Sebastian there last December and thought both they, and it, were excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

trashcan wrote: »
    Saw Belle and Sebastian there last December and thought both they, and it, were excellent.

It was a great show and the sound and view was excellent, and the place is really impressive, but seated gigs kinda wrecks it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Used to think it was Croke Park for the atmosphere when I saw U2 in 2009.

Now I've grown to prefer the O2 and would die to see U2 play there.

For sound I would say the Olympia because its so small and its nice to be standing that close to your favourite bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭trashcan

El Pr0n wrote: »
    It was a great show and the sound and view was excellent, and the place is really impressive, but seated gigs kinda wrecks it for me.

Ah, but when you're vertically challenged then seated is your only man. Same as at football. Nothing worse than having a gig/match ruined because some lanky bastid is blocking your view. Most people ended up on their feet anyway by the end of B&S.

Advertisement