Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool stuff to do on first date

• 23-11-2011 6:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭Principal Skinner

Met this girl in college, got talking to her in lectures and we hit it off, asked her out for this weekend. Just realized I don't have a clue what to do, any suggestions so we don't just end up going for a boring dinner?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Bring her to a diy store and innocently buy a roll of gaff tape, then suggest a drive up to the dublin mountains 'cause the lights are beautiful at night!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Met this girl in college, got talking to her in lectures and we hit it off, asked her out for this weekend. Just realized I don't have a clue what to do, any suggestions so we don't just end up going for a boring dinner?

Head down to st stephens green for a walk, have a couple of drinks, back to yours, do the business then straight after ask her "How ya gettting home"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

Go dogging and buy her an ice-cream afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Cinema.. Always a good one, dinner is as boring as you make it. Get the wine flowing, if she's not a dry tool you'll find things to talk about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Full.Duck

Is there ice-skating in town?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Shag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

A few drinks is a better first date, it loosens innovations and you get to know each other better, but don't go mad.

Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

9 Posts and nobody blasted her with piss yet.
    Is this a record??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Have sex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭amacca

Just realized I don't have a clue what to do, any suggestions

Do the Bartman!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭Full.Duck

Sykk wrote: »
    Cinema.. Always a good one, dinner is as boring as you make it. Get the wine flowing, if she's not a dry tool you'll find things to talk about.
    Cinema is the worst first date there can be.

9 Posts and nobody blasted her with piss yet.
    Is this a record??

He goes to College, so obviously he's an intellect; he doesn't do those sort of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Cinema is the worst first date ever. sitting in the dark not talking. If your a stalking you may like it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Anal!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Handy11

Stay away from dinner. Too many potential pitfalls. Go to some good lively pub that's not quiet but not so loud you can't chat. Somewhere to people watch. If ye are both comfortable somewhere it'll be a better date than going away from your normal spot to try and impress.

Go to a gig. Always good bands playing around town. If the gig is ****e, leave and go for pints somewhere else.

If you insist on going for food make sure you know exacty what she likes. She'll say that anything is fine but she'll hate it without telling you. You need facts before you do dinner.

44leto wrote: »
    A few drinks is a better first date, it loosens innovations and you get to know each other better, but don't go mad.

Good luck

I dare say darling, this fine Scotch that you bought me has me more innovative than ever. How about a dildo with a clock inside it? That should have you coming on time, every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭hoorsmelt

Bring her to see Santy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Fart wrote: »
    He goes to College, so obviously he's an intellect; he doesn't do those sort of things.

We dont know what he study's it could be art so that would be your intellect idea gone out the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Study.

hoorsmelt wrote: »
    Bring her to see Santy

Or dress up as him and have her sit on your lap.

• Advertisement

We dont know what he study's it could be art so that would be your intellect idea gone out the window.

Eugh... never mind. I won't spoil it for you. :rolleyes:

I don't know....I done most of my piss blasting at college tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

Take her shoplifting. She'll be extremely impressed.

hoorsmelt wrote: »
    Bring her to see Santy

that could be hilarious in fairness.....slip Santy a couple of euro-Deutschmarks to let her sit on his knee and tell her he will get her the presents she wants if she gives you the presents you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I dare say darling, this fine Scotch that you bought me has me more innovative than ever. How about a dildo with a clock inside it? That should have you coming on time, every time.

LOL
    The darn spellcheck inhibitions, yeah see, its my spellcheck that really is the illiterate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

Bring her on a twilight tour of the Wicklow mountains and show her the spots where Larry Murphy didn't kill those women in the mid 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭ball

Go to the zoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Drive-Thru & a greasy handjob

never fails

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Comedy gig, few beers and park at howth head to see the....lights....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Meet up for a coffee, but punctuate every sentence with.

"Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"

No one does cool like the Fonz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Chicks dig arty stuff. Take her to the Project Arts Centre. Unfortunately it's a week early for this production.

http://www.projectartscentre.ie/programme/whats-on/1451-the-making-of-tis-pity-shes-a-whore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭hoorsmelt

Comedy gig, few beers and park at howth head to see the....lights....

'Rohyphnol: available now from a pharmacist near you'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Leprechaun Museum tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Kmc123

Few drinks and you'll have a laugh:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Have her cryogenically frozen and save her for later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Talk about how much you love your mother. Constantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Thank God I didn't go to college so. That'd be 50% of my dating strategy gone out the window.

In all seriousness though OP, 2 options:
    Arrange to meet her in town outside some exclusive restaurant, then take her to McDonalds.
    Girls love a fell with a sense of humour.

Arrange to meet her in town, ring her with 5 minutes to go, tell her you'll be 5 minutes late then turn off your phone and don't bother turning up. On Monday tell her it was a joke!!
    Again, girls love a fella with a sense of humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Have her cryogenically frozen and save her for later.

Just don't use these guys.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/news/story?id=4524957

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Just get her drunk and get her talking about herself. Then it can't go wrong :cool:

Day time first dates are good craic, go see something together. something that you normally wouldn't go see. move around, you can learn a lot from a person on how they interact with others. If it goes well, you'll end up in a bar somewhere sculling pints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

The pub. Alcohol can be your friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

ooh that sounds good micky. a day time session would be great! preferably in cosy pubs with a fire :D

ooh that sounds good micky. a day time session would be great! preferably in cosy pubs with a fire :D

We live in such an amazing country really, there is loads to do during the day, climb a hill, go to the beach, visit a museum, see a few old buildings or castles, horse ride, roller blade, go to a funfare, visit a bird sanctuary strip joint, go to a sports event, the list is pretty endless.

all roads end in a nice bar though :D, if he plays his cards right ;)

Take her on a trip on the oul john deere up to the mart.

Shopping in ann summers

Or alternatively take her to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DublinSexDungeons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Hold hands!

Better still fisting!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Some suggestions for non-drinkers would be nice here <_<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Go Skinnydipping

take up drinking? :P

Stop being a dry s.h.i.t.e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

We live in such an amazing country really, there is loads to do during the day, climb a hill, go to the beach, visit a museum, see a few old buildings or castles, horse ride, roller blade, go to a funfare, visit a bird sanctuary strip joint, go to a sports event, the list is pretty endless.

all roads end in a nice bar though :D, if he plays his cards right ;)

yeah perfect way to end the day :)

i want to go to a bird sanctuary :( someone bring me!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement