Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skyrim HELP !

Options
  • 23-11-2011 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I was wondoring what kind of race should i pick ? I want to be a mage with Weapon skills ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Wait.................what? You've only started and you need help choosing who you want to be?

Playing all ten minutes of Oblivion and not being in to these sort of games, can you not manually change attributes later on?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

i dont think what race you pick will affect your gameplay at all in the later levels,this is what the developers claim

i wanted to be a mage so im playing a dark elf,currently level 11

apparently breton are decent as they have a 25 percent magic resistance racial passive so they are good against mages

you should just pick the class you think looks the best and play it as there is so many to chose from that you will never know if you have the right one and will always doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

I'd recommend the dark elf too. I'm about level 25 and seriously strong on destructive magic, fairly strong on archery and as stealthy as a mouse which is perfect for backstabbing.

At this stage I'm able to take on dragons head-on with a combo of arrows and lightning bolts.

Great tip for taking out dragons, if possible, lead them to where there's giants and mammoths. The dragon will focus on them, leaving you to plug away at them with free shots. Just don't accidently hit the giant or mammoth or you'll be in a world of pain :p

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭barrmur

Race choice does not really make a difference, other than the individual attributes each race has, resistance to cold/poison etc etc You can improve skills based on what you use most of in the game. If you use mainly magic your magic level increases quicker but if you use weapons, one or two handed, these level up quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Leighbraz

Ok Thanks guys Id say ill be a Dark Elf By the sound of things id say there epic :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Have to disagree with some of the folks here. Race choice does matter. High Elf start with a bonus to their mana pool which is pretty good. My personal favourite is Imperial, they have a passive bonus for collecting gold as well as starting with some very useful spells.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

The High Elf skill Highborn is insanely good as a pure Mage, you basically have unlimited Magicka for 60 seconds once a day. It's a bit overpowered if i'm honest makes any bosses / dragons very easy!! Also their racial trait that boosts magicka helps alot at the lower levels.

Definitely the best race for a pure mage imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Great tip for taking out dragons, if possible, lead them to where there's giants and mammoths. The dragon will focus on them, leaving you to plug away at them with free shots. Just don't accidently hit the giant or mammoth or you'll be in a world of pain :p

Heck, bring the dragon anywhere with other aggressive creatures. The last dragon I fought decided mudcrabs were a bigger threat

Advertisement