Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Access 2007 as a front end to MSSQL

Options
  • 23-11-2011 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

I have received orders from above to take an access 2007 database and have it sit on top of an mssql database.

It's proving to be a serious headache and I'm not sure about the practicalities of it.

Any advice on same would be super.

Thanks in advance fellow geek a zoids!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 UnCorked

I have received orders from above to take an access 2007 database and have it sit on top of an mssql database.

It's proving to be a serious headache and I'm not sure about the practicalities of it.

Any advice on same would be super.

Thanks in advance fellow geek a zoids!
    What problems are you running into?
    Can you give more info about the setup of the Access DB?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Bombbastic22

UnCorked wrote: »
    What problems are you running into?
    Can you give more info about the setup of the Access DB?

Have no problems anymore. Downloaded SSMA from the Microsoft website and all of my problems are now resolved. For anyone else that may have to do this I can't recommend using SSMA enough. It's really handy because it automatically links your existing forms to the tables in MS SQL. You just need to download it and a few clicks an you're good to go.

Thanks for your reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

How does SSMA handle the Access VBA?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Bombbastic22

BostonB wrote: »
    How does SSMA handle the Access VBA?

I think it just leaves it where it is. The only difference is that your tables are stored in MS SQL after migration. I've also found that, in general, there may be one or two things you may have to do slightly differently than if you used the local access tables to store your data. Works pretty good though...

Advertisement