Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DOG FOOD ADVICE

• 23-11-2011 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

HEY ,

HAS ANYONE ANY IDEAS OF WHERE I COULD GET GOOD CHEAP DOG FOOD,

MONEY IS GETTING LESS AND LESS BUT I STILL WANT TO MAKE SURE THEY GET ALL THE NUTRIENTS THEY NEED

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

whats your budget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

What type of dog ?
    What type of food ? dry, wet, raw ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Natures kitchen, you can get it at any Active vet group in Dublin.

30 euro for 30kg Dry food

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

30 Euros for 30 Kilos is great value.

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    30 Euros for 30 Kilos is great value.

Its BOGOF, couple of mine are not keen on it but 2 love it. (2 15kg bags)

The offer has being on ages.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭chris139ryan

Justask wrote: »
    Natures kitchen, you can get it at any Active vet group in Dublin.

30 euro for 30kg Dry food

thats an amazing offer. is the food good

thats an amazing offer. is the food good

its made by the vet, it wouldnt be anything as good as Hills or Royal canin but 2 of mine are healthy as horses (dogs :p) on it and love it.

My old cocker wont touch it though but she a fussy b1tch and puppy still on puppy food.

Its worth a try if cash is tight at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Hills and Royal Canin are both awful in my opinion and both of those foods made my dog break out in Hot Spots. Id never recommend either of them.

If you tell us your budget we can recommend something, but no shouting;)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭beccaboom

20 - 30 euro at most really . things are getting tighter. dry food with a bit of a mix in flavours, we tried a brand called Pero but it doesnt seem too great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Is that a monthly allowance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

How many dogs and what size are they?
    Is the above budget per month?

Size and number of dogs could make a big difference in what is suggested, e.g.1 small yorkie €30 a month budget=Orijen or similar, or 3 great danes €30 a month budget = something shockingly cheap to feed those monsters:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Off the top my head here are two.

Brilly:-
    www.brillyschoicedogfood.com

Champion:
    www.dogfooddirect.ie/modules/shop/cats/champion

There was a thread recently about Champion:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056441274

I have tried neither so I don't know how good they are. Around €30 for 15kg is pretty good.

The only other one I can think is Red Mills Leader but that would be more expensive.

yeah , 15 kg lasts us 6 weeks with them cause we just use it as a top up , the last dry food was 65 euro , and thats on top of the extra meat and chicken and fish they get , just trying to budget to get the other stuff they need a bit cheaper if poss.

There is alot of cheap brands, like champion and madra but there is alot of sugar in them and they go doo lally with Pedigree Chum.

The Pero brand they loved and didnt have too much sugar but the supplier stopped dealing with it and 65 is alot to have to budget in when we got the Pero for 20.

Im almost afraid to use the own brand range from the pet stores as they are in German and it doesnt breakdown the content in english. And our bichon can be very very picky:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

I changed mine over to hypoallergenic food from dogfooddirect.The puppy one is 35,I think :) and the adult is 30.Both 15 kg bags.They both seem to be grand on it.My white boxer had reddy tear stains but they are nearly gone now??dont know if it a coincedence or not but?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Another is CSJ. Works out €30/15kg. Some good reviews on forums in the UK.

www.csjk9.com

AFAIK you can only collect from here:

www.dogwise.ie

really , our bichon has the same tears , I used to get the pero from dogfooddirect , i'll try them then for the hypoallergenic range , hopefully the our other little monster ( jrt cross ) might benefit from that too.

is it the champion hypoallergenic you used?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

puppy is on Champion supreme puppy,and my older lady is on Champion supreme chicken and rice:),Both Hypoallergenic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 lilhedda

Hi, I got Green Dog its a holistic all natural dog food without any rubbish in it. A lot of the dog foods out there have a huge amount of additives that can cause hyperactivity, skin allergies and tummy problems. its about 45 euros for 12 kg but if you actually read up on whats in most of the brands of food out there you would never give it to your dog. Our dogs a Pointer and the bag lasts about a month as you don't have to feed as much of it because its good quality. Another very good brand is Luaths have a look at them. There is a good online dogfood site that delivers for free next day that you can order from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭axle108

paultf wrote: »
    Another is CSJ. Works out €30/15kg. Some good reviews on forums in the UK.

www.csjk9.com

AFAIK you can only collect from here:

www.dogwise.ie

csj can be bought here
    The Chace
    Cappanargid
    Rathangan
    County Kildare
    Ireland

Contact Name :
    Judith Owens-Poole

Phone :