Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best 'Natural' Moisturizer

• 23-11-2011 8:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭

I suppose this is the right place for this question.

I get dry skin in the winter on my hands and face, and need something to moisturize it.

Currently I use olive oil (put a bit on a night), works well enough, but wondering if anyone has any other suggestions though. One of my friends uses shea butter but it's very expensive.

Only really interested in 'natural' products (ala olive oil/shea butter), not prepackaged 'moisturizer' brands etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

You could make up a face "wash" with 3 parts Olive oil 1 part castor oil, add to dry face and place a hot towel over it for a 1 min. Works well for me cleans while moisturizing but I also use this Vit E cream when needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭loike

where can i get castor oil? ive tried before but no luck..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

I get it in my local heath food shop, the one I use is the Pukka brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

Coconut oil is also great! You can get a large tub of it for around 8€ in Hollands and Barretts or think it may even be cheaper in some Asian shops (3-4€)...get the unrefined stuff, it's solid so rub a small bit in palm of hand until turns to an oil; makes a great moisturiser for face/body/hair and also a great makeup remover! Oh yeah great to cook with too! :)

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=690&prodid=733&cid=182&sid=0

Advertisement