Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Dog (Skerries) - Reward Offered

Options
  • 23-11-2011 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks - Patch has been missing from Kelly's Bay since Monday morning & his owners are desperately seeking his return. I believe a reward is being offered. If anyone sees him or knows of his whereabouts - please contact the owner directly via the link in Khannie's post below.

182340.jpg

Thanks,

tHB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

A bit more here. I know the owner and she is fairly distraught. Would really appreciate people keeping an eye out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Update on this story.

dublinpeople.com
    A NORTHSIDE dog-lover is heartbroken over the loss of her beloved pooch called Patch.
    Skerries local Nicola McCann, who has even paid for a pet detective, believes her one-year-old Shih Tzu was simply “in the wrong place at the wrong time” when he went missing in the early hours of November 21.
    Nicola (34), who blames herself for the loss of her dog, described how her furry friend hasn’t been seen since the door of her house was accidentally left open last month.
    “Having been working really hard and fearing that I was turning into some saddo, preferring to sit in with Patch watching the X-factor, I decided instead to head out on the Sunday to watch the Liverpool and Chelsea game,” she told Northside People.
    “This innocent decision lead to another out of character decision on my part to invite people back to my house later that night for food and drinks.
    “That was how the door of my house was left open in the early hours of the following morning allowing for Patch to get out.”
    She added: “My world has been devastated beyond belief. I have gone from feeling severe shock, trauma, panic to overwhelming grief and back again.”
    Nicola shared joint guardianship of Patch with her sister Jacqui (28). Having never had a pet prior to Patch’s arrival, the sisters were overwhelmed by how much “unconditional love” they felt for the new four-legged member of the McCann family.
    “We never left Patch alone,” Nicola explained.
    “If we were working then we’d take him to my parents’ house where he was treated more like a grandson than a dog.
    “But now he’s gone and the void is unbearable; unbearable due to his absence but also due to the unknown circumstances of his disappearance or his actual whereabouts.
    “I truly believe he was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time and someone opportunistically took him.”
    Nicola and her sister have done everything they can to locate Patch from distributing posters and emails to even hiring a pet detective at a cost of €300.
    “I will have to live with the guilt of the choices I made that day but that aside I will continue to fight to find him,” Nicola stated.
    “My only lead is the possibility that a white van with a northern registration that was seen in the area may have stopped and picked him up or another possibility is that someone else close by may have him.
    “Patch is the friendliest and cutest little dog you’ll ever meet so I wouldn’t blame anyone for taking a shine to him.”
    Patch is easily distinguishable with patches of grey fur and unusually he doesn’t have a tail.
    He is chipped, neutered and was wearing a blue collar with a blue Mickey Mouse tag.
    Nicola is offering an undisclosed reward for information leading to the safe return of Patch.

Did anyone else have this mental image when they read pet detective.....

sherlock_rubio2-225x300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kjbsrah1

Let the local websites know too:

drogheda animal rescue on info@dar.ie
    balbriggan websites on: info@balbriggan.info and info@balbriggan.net
    there is a local skerries website but anytime i have emailed them they have never replied so i don't know if its active or not.

good luck in locating patches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Bridie Hunt

I believe that this search has been called off, apparently Patch had a bad reaction to some medication. RIP Patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Source?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Bridie Hunt

The grieving family. Very sad start to the new year.

Advertisement