Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi card and optical drive

Options
  • 23-11-2011 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

Right, between one thing and another, my old wifi card and DVD RW don't work with my upgraded machine.

Anyone have a suggestion on a decent wifi card and optical drive to pick up?

It'd be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

DVD drive: The cheapest you can pick up, though I'd stay away from LG ones. I've had three from LG, and they all sounds like bloody hoovers when burning something.

WiFi card: These things are always hit and miss. I've had cheap ones that work very well, cheap ones that break, and the same for expensive ones. If at all possible: Ethernet, Ethernet, Ethernet.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

Good advice. Unfortunately running an ethernet cable isn't doable in my new house which is why I need to grab a new wifi card. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

There's homeplugs too. Here's a pair for about €42 delivered.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-PA211KIT-200Mbps-Powerline-Ethernet/dp/B004INVKP4/
    A little more expensive than cheap wireless cards but usually provide stable connections. Some people report radio interference but overall anyone I know that have used them have had good experiences.

Advertisement