Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the European institute of commmunications a 3rd level body

Options
  • 23-11-2011 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭

Can anyone answer this query? I am applying for a job were one of the requirements is that you must have a journalistic qualification from a 3rd level body and I have a cert in PR from the EI of communications

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

I assume you've found out by now o.p. Hopefully you've gone on and got the job if that was what you've wanted. :) From my experience of job-seeking, prospective Employers usually accept similair qualifications per se, or at least take it on board inline with other Candidate's qualification levels.

To be honest, I've no idea if most prospective Employers have a specific purpose for looking for an Employee with a specific exact qualification, well maybe in a minority of Sectors they do, but by and large, I would imagine they look for this simply just to be clear that they are looking for a "professional" person for the job.

But I remember one occasion I applied for a job, and I remember telling one of the girls in a Recruitment Agency afterwards that I had applied for it and she ate the face of me lol for applying for it, as I wouldn't have had any specific qualifications for the Role and was just applying off-the-bat so to speak just to put myself out there - as it would have been near the type of work I was involved with in the past. But her view was, it was wrong to apply for any job with exacting requirements, her point being, - because in one way it kind-of shows that I a) couldn't apply myself! b) didn't listen lol! and c) didn't take orders or instruction well! which I guess I can see all this, but the thing is I was only applying to be pro-active and independent and put myself out there! :( I don't know what Employers want any more!! :/

Advertisement