Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam sale, AGAIN!

Options
  • 23-11-2011 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

My wallet is already crying. Some good deals today. Gonna pick up the unreal pack for 10 quid and probably duke nukem!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Limericks wrote: »
    My wallet is already crying. Some good deals today. Gonna pick up the unreal pack for 10 quid and probably duke nukem!

for the love of god no
    give a fiver to a homeless person, wipe your ass with it.. donate it to ron paul.. anything but duke nukem forever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

cpNcW.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Ah bollocks, guess I'm gonna have to go without food again :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

for the love of god no
    give a fiver to a homeless person, wipe your ass with it.. donate it to ron paul.. anything but duke nukem forever

Haha, i know it's not great but worth the punt in this case to be honest. That and I have the dlc already from the first access club.

I would only buy it at its price now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Any particularly good deals?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I'm going to have to seriously hold myself to not buy anything until the last day, in case anything I want to buy becomes cheaper as a daily deal during the week.

I know most of the stuff I want to get is already half off, is it so wrong I want that to become 75% off...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

FFS Valve, I kinda like not having to sell my kidneys everytime you got a sale......

*grumble grumble grumble*

Probably grab Orcs Must Die! and Renegade Ops from the first days deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Oddboxx looks tempting for €3.74. And I still haven't picked up Portal 2... I was going to start Christmas shopping this week, not buy stuff for myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Portal 2 for me.
    I'll probably grab Fallout 3 GOTY since I never played some of the dlc and maybe Oblivion Deluxe but I'll wait til the end of the sale incase they go into the daily specials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Garrys mod down to 2.49 and Counter Strike source down to 9.99. I bought both those full price just over a month ago:(

Oddboxx is a great bargain though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is risen worth getting for a tenner?Is it very buggy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Mass Effect 2 for a fiver, and the deluxe edition for 7.49.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

This is not good news. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm glad I'm offline right now. Although UPC are supposed to be hooking me up tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Anyone else getting price differences between browsers? Garry's Mod appears to be €1.99 in Iron browser, but €2.49 in others

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So what's good out on sale?

I finnaly cleared my visa, but I guess not for long...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Orcs Must Die €3.49 yes please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

danthefan wrote: »
    Any particularly good deals?

The Binding of Isaac for €2.50 is a steal.

I've heard very good things about Orks Must Die so definitely picking that up. I have far too many games to play though and bloody Bethesda just release Skyrim which is currently eating up a lot of game time.

Also:

DO NOT BUY ANY GAME THAT ISN'T ON DAILY OFFER! IF THE GAME YOU WANT HASN'T APPEARED YET AND IT'S THE FINAL DAY OF THE SALE THEN, AND ONLY THEN, IS IT SAFE TO BUY THAT GAME.

Unless you really, really want it in which case why have you not got it already!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Mass Effect 1 for €3.49.
    Mass Effect 2 Deluxe Edition €7.49.

Knew I did well to hold out, note I only held out on these games as I had way too many others to be playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

DO NOT BUY ANY GAME THAT ISN'T ON DAILY OFFER! IF THE GAME YOU WANT HASN'T APPEARED YET AND IT'S THE FINAL DAY OF THE SALE THEN, AND ONLY THEN, IS IT SAFE TO BUY THAT GAME.

Unless you really, really want it in which case why have you not got it already!

qft

I have about €50-60 worth of stuff I'm waiting in the hope it becomes even cheaper :3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

How do you know what's on daily offer?

Interested in getting Portal 2 and Left 4 Dead 2 but I am not very familiar with steam so don't know if I can get the cheaper if I wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    How do you know what's on daily offer?

Interested in getting Portal 2 and Left 4 Dead 2 but I am not very familiar with steam so don't know if I can get the cheaper if I wait.

The Portal Bundle for €11.89 is a fair price you gwt Portal and Portal 2

http://store.steampowered.com/app/620/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Is there no Mass Effect 2 DLC available on steam?

Not really interested in Portal, played it before and it got a little repetitive and annoying, don't really see myself playing through it again.

Actually just noticed the Valve pack is 50% off would be nice if it went to 75% I would buy it at that price :)

So I guess I still have the same question, how do you know if it's on the daily deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

So I guess I still have the same question, how do you know if it's on the daily deal.

All of these:

uYUer.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

The daily deals are the games listed on the steam homepage:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Not really interested in Portal, played it before and it got a little repetitive and annoying, don't really see myself playing through it again.

Where's the thumbs down button :mad:

:p

As said, the daily deals are the ones at the top of the Steam homepage.

Thanks for the replies everyone :)

When I first played Portal it was cool, very unique and all that, but it did get a little annoying before the last fight thingy.
    Sorry for having an opinion :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

KonFusion wrote: »
    Is there no Mass Effect 2 DLC available on steam?

You've to buy the DLC from the Bioware site (http://social.bioware.com/page/me2-dlc), and you can then download it ingame. You can't buy the individual packs on Steam afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Black Ops 50% off.
    and it still costs more than what i paid for RO2 and BF3 on release.

mental.

Advertisement