Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam sale, AGAIN!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Too many things that just didn't have enough off, or that I had already.

Orcs Must Die! €3.49
    Limbo €2.49
    Europa Universalis III: Complete €3.74

At this stage though, it's the same stuff that goes on sale each time out. So after you've been through a few, you rarely spend that much.

They're a godsend for newer Steam users, or those who are only after migrating/starting to game on the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Final tally for me:

Orcs Must Die! + DLC €4.50 (I think...)
    LIMBO €4.99 (Silly me snap-purchased on first day of sale, rookie mistake)
    Toki Tori €1.12 x 2 (Recommended by someone in the Bargain Alerts forum, bought a copy for myself and one for the GF!)

Was impressed by my restraint - I just have too many unplayed games and know I'll get Skyrim at Christmas no need to buy anything else, no matter how attractive a price, I can always get those games at the same price / cheaper in the next sale... From reading here and on the Steam forum, I'd say Orcs Must Die! was the single most popular sale item, everyone seems to have got it! Haven't played it yet but really looking forward to trying it out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i actually bought nothing this sale
    so proud of myself

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I ended up only getting the Overlord package (which I think has been on sale a few times before) and Overlord 1 alone has proven it's value of the package. Nothing like having a goblin's view on Succubuses ("all they want is some love and death, who doesn't?") and raising general mayhem to bring out a laugh from me.

I'd strongly recommend the package for some fun honestly (and at a fiver for Overlord 1, 2 and expansion you can't really go wrong).

Advertisement