Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Priming Sugar? how much is too Much?

Options
  • 23-11-2011 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

I'm about to bottle my third brew, and will be using the the cooper carbonation drops which are designed for 350ml and 750ml which means i have to cut the sweets in half. After trying several brew calculators i have found them to be stating anywhere in the region 2.7g-4.2g of Dex per 500ml bottle. Can i add two sweets per bottle or would that be over the top. i know i should be batch priming but don’t have a second bucket at the moment (its on the Santy list). I drink mainly lagers and like a lot of bite to my brew but don’t want to ruin a batch either. All advice appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

If this is the third brew you should be able to calibrate from the previous ones. How much did you use for them, and was the finished beer too fizzy or not fizzy enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭covey09

ok i get your point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Pick up some very fine sugar and just use that, save the carb drops for batch priming/suitable sized bottles.

Advertisement