Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland shares

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shaydy

Wheety wrote: »
    Suppose the low before the consolidation was around 20c so they have probably taken that into account :D

I'm sure it was less than a cent at one point when the bubble burst, something around 0.008........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

Scenario 1. This is a dedicated troll who has seriously riled several posters.
    Scenario 2. This is a middle aged professional who has spent an incredible amount of time arguing with faceless strangers on an internet forum.

Both scenarios are very funny to me.

I suppose the only thing that's not funny is my Degiro account this year.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    no offence intended but do you have aspergers ?

No, but my son has been diagnosed with it. Not that it makes the slight bit of in respect of your investing abilities as demonstrated here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Jim2007 wrote: »
    No, but my son has been diagnosed with it. Not that it makes the slight bit of in respect of your investing abilities as demonstrated here.

That's interesting.

You do demonstrate charecteristics associated with the condition.

You really shouldn't concern yourself with my abilities with respect of anything but as you appear to enjoy doing so, sure plough on

I'll just place you on the ignore list, it's now a list of one.

Your the boards.ie one from my perspective

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Below €2.00.

Phew!

Fed % rate reduction has been totally ignored, as has its pumping exercise - another dose of QE.

I think that one of the many problems with almost 12 years of QE is that the powers that be have refused to contemplate failure. The natural winnowing process of capitalism hasn't been allowed to happen. Cheap money has made survival too easy.

D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭konline

hmm €1.922 now, this is the lowest price ever AFAIK. Something is wrong with BOI?
    It's a like a free fall at the moment..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

I think everywhere is in free fall.....

I was considering buying more BOI in the coming weeks to reduce my BEP, but it looks like there will be far better blue chips with a higher chance of returns to be had.

konline wrote: »
    hmm €1.922 now, this is the lowest price ever AFAIK. Something is wrong with BOI?
    It's a like a free fall at the moment..

No, between 1. 50 and 1.75 would be the lowest as it got to below 6 cent in 2012 but for a very short time

No, between 1. 50 and 1.75 would be the lowest as it got to below 6 cent in 2012 but for a very short time

Meanwhile, I see one central European bank on sale with a double digit T1 and a dividend yield of 11%... With it's financial dept it should be able to survive this knock and still be paying dividends in 5 years time... a good option for pensioners seeking an income stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Meanwhile, I see one central European bank on sale with a double digit T1 and a dividend yield of 11%... With it's financial dept it should be able to survive this knock and still be paying dividends in 5 years time... a good option for pensioners seeking an income stream.

By all means name this bank....

• Advertisement

markodaly wrote: »

Revealing that information would cause Jim real pain

Withholding that info makes him happy

Kind of guy who never shared his sweets in primary school, or shared the correct answers in class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

Quite likely BIT:ISP
    EU bank, paying 11%, etc

manonboard wrote: »
    Quite likely BIT:ISP
    EU bank, paying 11%, etc

Or ING?

BNP as well.

Lots of Eurobanks giving good dividends on paper, but many of the Euro banks are rubbish as well.

BNP as well.

Lots of Eurobanks giving good dividends on paper, but many of the Euro banks are rubbish as well.

All of them are rubbish

Least worst kind of deal

It is your money on the table, is it really to much effort to get out a list of the banks and run down the numbers?

Revealing that information would cause Jim real pain

Withholding that info makes him happy

Kind of guy who never shared his sweets in primary school, or shared the correct answers in class

You bring nothing to the table, but expect everyone else to do your homework for you. All that it requires is to simply check of the list of banks. If you can’t be bothered then fine, continue guessing, but it has not served you well up to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Gatoh

"Shut up, Meg.."

Dow down just shy of 3000 points, almost 13% (though it’s the most reported index, it’s not a weighted one; but SP500 tanked too.)

Still only back to 2016 levels - which just shows how crazy the last 3/4 years have been.

Will be interesting to see how we fare tomorrow. I expect BofI to fall to today’s lows and bounce again. A lot of buying towards the close today. A director spent over €200k last week at €2.70 (ouch!) and is still holding AFAIK.

D.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Well that just shows how little you know... do you seriously think a sovereign fund or a major institution is going to let you manage CHF500m - CHF600m, just because you are a nick guy? The reality is that most of the people you going to have at the table are very well qualified technically, with many years of experience in the game and if you can't show them you know your stuff, you'll be out on the footpath in five minutes. Nobody is going to give you large chunks of their money to manage without making absolutely sure you are up to it.

Most of them are over paid upstarts that are only good at making money when everything is going up ! They can’t make money themselves only depending on fools to give it to them to more than likely lose !
    Funnily enough not many of these guys are any good at making it on the way down !

I’ll give u an example Larry goodman and the dealers make there money from cattle when the crisis are on ! They manipulate the situation !

Further more Jim for such a knowledgeable person u let on u are what the fuc are u doing on a Boi thread ! I’m quiet sure there’s more interesting stocks for u to follow !
    Ur annoying everyone with your half answer advice Snippets! If u had anymoney it’s not writing thread after thread on here Ud be !

• Advertisement

It is your money on the table, is it really to much effort to get out a list of the banks and run down the numbers?

Yes.

Is it too much effort to actually share your own picks rather than treating everyone else like some idiot?

Yes.

Is it too much effort to actually share your own picks rather than treating everyone else like some idiot?

And you think follow the well known track to loosing money and complaining because nobody is willing to do your homework for you is what?

Nobody is good enough to time the market over the long run, just as nobody is good enough to stock pick correctly over the long run, that is investors try not to rely on either. And yet you try to do both and get upset when others won’t play along?

My intention is to point out the kind of behavior that is likely to cost people money, in the hope some people will avoid your pit falls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Zzzzzzzzzzz

We finished flat yesterday on big volume, suggesting equal(ish) buyers and sellers.

Tiny volume so far today, so everyone watching from the sidelines, it seems. Also, a holiday here and most trading would be in Dublin.

Will be interesting to see if it builds a base at around the €2.00 mark.

The likes of the Dow Jones tanking distorts everything.

But, we're living in a world where Tesla (p/e about minus 190 and falling) is now worth more than Ford and General Motors combined. Crazy? I think so.

Go figure.

D.

And you think follow the well known track to loosing money and complaining because nobody is willing to do your homework for you is what?

Nobody is good enough to time the market over the long run, just as nobody is good enough to stock pick correctly over the long run, that is investors try not to rely on either. And yet you try to do both and get upset when others won’t play along?

My intention is to point out the kind of behavior that is likely to cost people money, in the hope some people will avoid your pit falls.

Interesting as I never stated I owned BOI shares, so you have no idea what I do or do not own.

We get it.
    DYOR... yes ill repeat DYOR.

If someone online states to buy share 'X' and then someone goes out and puts their life savings into it without any due diligence, then more fool on them.

However, maybe you can come down from that high horse of yours in the tone and manner of your posts. Not everyone here is an idiot and you are certainly no Buffet.

You claim you know a lot, them perhaps turn your energy to educating the 'plebs' instead of pointing fingers and thinking everyone is an idiot.
    Otherwise, perhaps spare us the unnecessary condensation.

Bought 3k worth @1.89

Bought three weeks ago @3.22 and sold the following day @3.37 for a princely profit of 80 euro

Probably hold until we regain 3

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Why do you bother posting on here if not to share info with others?

GreeBo wrote: »
    Why do you bother posting on here if not to share info with others?

Because jimbo sees himself as a bringer of tough love

He's our saviour, we just don't know it so he gallantly persists in spreading his message

Because jimbo sees himself as a bringer of tough love

He's our saviour, we just don't know it so he gallantly persists in spreading his message

The paternal puritan headmaster type, giving us all harsh lessons of the way of the world, or something like that.

• Advertisement

The paternal puritan headmaster type, giving us all harsh lessons of the way of the world, or something like that.

You put it much better than i did

Advertisement