Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland shares

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

Jim2007 wrote: »
    A couple of percent means nothing .

Really depends on the context.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭codrulz

was expecting to be nursing losses at open, pleasantly surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

imagine its an easy money stock for traders ?

most days ( though not today ) it seems to do ok at the start , then begin a descent which either continues for half the day only to turn back up or drops for a few days , then makes a steady climb again

chartists making a killing i suspect , plenty of volume too

Was speaking to an options trader at Citadel a few wks ago about BOI, as Irish banks were already underperforming he made a killing on far OTM puts.

codrulz wrote: »
    Was speaking to an options trader at Citadel a few wks ago about BOI, as Irish banks were already underperforming he made a killing on far OTM puts.

didnt know you could buy options for bank of ireland ? , i know i cant buy them on my saxo account or the majority of irish companies

• Advertisement

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    didnt know you could buy options for bank of ireland ? , i know i cant buy them on my saxo account or the majority of irish companies
    Institutional trader @ one of the biggest hedge funds around, I would imagine they're OTC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Almost 400k traded already.

Huge for just 90 minutes.

D.

Still underperforming European banks this morn. Heavy flow, seems like it was very specific stop hunting, Filling in the gap before rallying back.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ShareShare

Been a nice stock to make some weekly trades off. These up and downs offer lots of room for taking. Long may they continue. The overall trend for this stock has consistently been down. Nothing has changed to bring that back up. Certainly could rally over a multi week period though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Out today with a 36% gain. May enter again in 1.30s

• Advertisement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4UqMyldS7Q

long may the ECB keep printing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭sk8board

In the past week, Blackrock reduced their holding from 7.9% -> 6.9% and the Norwegian sovereign wealth fund hoovered up 4.04%, which is quite a lot of the floating shares.

bought a small amount @ 1.53 , i reckon if things return to some kind of normal in the irish economy over the next few months , we might see 2.50 by year end ? , perhaps higher if dividends are resumed before next year

The current price is definitely not pricing in a dividend

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭ChuckieEgg

bought a small amount @ 1.53 , i reckon if things return to some kind of normal in the irish economy over the next few months , we might see 2.50 by year end ? , perhaps higher if dividends are resumed before next year

We might see it within a day or so with the way this is moving at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

On Balance Volume and 50 day EMA are now both positive.

I'm already in around €2.00 - small punt - I will add on any retreat, or sit tight on what I've got if it moves up.

Long-term trend is obviously still down, but long-term indicators are turning. These have proved reliable buy/sell signals in the past.

D.

dumped yesterday at 2.05 , bought back today @ 1.86

2.10 is proving resistance

Another big buy order filled this evening, let’s see who it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Can any one fill me in ,why is the price yo/yo up and down .I am sitting on the fence so long now as i want to buy some of these to leverage down the price i paid a couple of years but will probably end up missing out .What would lads consider them value at would I be right thinking €1.50 be the new bottom .Why do lads pay €2.20 a couple of days ago when they were €1.35 a week ago

It depends what your average currently is.
    e.g If it’s €7.50, then buying at €1.50 or €2.00 isn’t going to hugely affect your resulting average.

• Advertisement

cute geoge wrote: »
    Can any one fill me in ,why is the price yo/yo up and down .I am sitting on the fence so long now as i want to buy some of these to leverage down the price i paid a couple of years but will probably end up missing out .What would lads consider them value at would I be right thinking €1.50 be the new bottom .Why do lads pay €2.20 a couple of days ago when they were €1.35 a week ago

The big money moves stocks, the big guns drive up the price, then sell off again, that's before you bear in mind the shorts

This stock is a play thing

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Figel Narage

The big money moves stocks, the big guns drive up the price, then sell off again, that's before you bear in mind the shorts

This stock is a play thing

Yeah it's all nonsense. It's all based on supply and demand, this is very naive sounding and obviously doesn't always work but I remember in college my class had to do a stock pick challenge on Investopedia where you create a portfolio of stocks and whoever has the highest value at the end of the course wins. I am by no means gifted academically and was middle of the road in terms of grades compared to some other people in the course. I knew how to read Financial statements but not from an upside point of view. So I decided to just pick stocks based on what I thought sector/products or services would be in demand over the coming months and disregarded everything else. Based on that strategy, I finished second in a class of 50 without looking at any Financial Statements, ratio's or anything. Obviously there was no real money involved and I got lucky but it does give you an idea as to how speculative it all is.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Gangu

I’ve bought some at 1.65 and some at 1.77. I feel it’s got 2.3 in it. Sentiment here? It’s a bit of a penny stock play. No chatter on Stocktwits or yahoo.

Up a bit today, but dropped back a tad. Debating whether still good value. I think it will go to €2 in the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

Gangu wrote: »
    Up a bit today, but dropped back a tad. Debating whether still good value. I think it will go to €2 in the next couple of weeks.

Gangu, I have several tranches of BIRg from 2.80 down to 1.63

The ones I bought at 1.63 ,this week, were sold today at 1.83
    the ones I bought this week at 1.81, sold today at 1.93

return on capital ,about 8 % IN A WEEK

I am inclined to say ,"always take profit"

I agree they will be 2.00, perhaps several times in the next month.

regards

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

rugbyman wrote: »

regards

What about your PnL % from Realised and Unrealised if you include the ones held from 2.80?

PHG ,I am not sure exactly what you are asking.
    If the share price was to tank beyond belief ,i would lose out(if I then sold).
    I bought at several prices.
    I am in relative safety now, I dont care if they rise or fall,if they fall to 1.60 ish,I will buy, if they rise to 2.20.i sell the ones bought @2.00
    i dont expect to gain on the shares bought at 2.80 for some time.if all goes well I might have them for free
    Regards

rugbyman wrote: »

regards
    Is 8% your target on each trade?

Gangu

I have no pre set targets, but I like the idea of 20 cent gain on a tranche of 2000 shares. Capital needed, 3,500 euro ,gain after costs with Degiro , say 350 euro

I failed to net 200 euro gain on Friday by foolishly putting in a buy order at 1 cent less than that offered.

Risk factor at this price, Low risk

regards

• Advertisement

slight correction, not friday, one day this week

Advertisement