Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland shares

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Of course I would have loved a 2 year near 10x investment in hindsight but there’s a reason the like of Jim Chanos had a short position in Tesla. Just look how he called Enron and Wirecard. It just wouldn’t sit right with me but what do I know. I don’t have a financial background and I’m new at this.

Or even a 6 month 5x investment - Zoom. When you think back, it was screamingly obvious. The WhatsApp of distance working was about to have its day - and it sure did! :(

As for BofI...

Unless there's a late trade announced after hours, the 90k traded does not inspire confidence. Running out of steam for the moment, I think.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

Dinarius wrote: »

As for BofI...

Unless there's a late trade announced after hours, the 90k traded does not inspire confidence. Running out of steam for the moment, I think.

D.

May I ask what you mean by above ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭howiya

May I ask what you mean by above ?

10 day average volume approx 3.9m. Today there's been 152k traded.

Essentially its losing momentum

howiya wrote: »
    10 day average volume approx 3.9m. Today there's been 152k traded.

Essentially its losing momentum

Where you seeing this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭howiya

Where you seeing this ?

Degiro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

Here is the news.aminor earth quake hit
    The Bank of Ireland this morning .on the Richter scale it was 2.95, but the amazing thing is there are no aftershocks.

rugbyman wrote: »
    Here is the news.aminor earth quake hit
    The Bank of Ireland this morning .on the Richter scale it was 2.95, but the amazing thing is there are no aftershocks.

I seen that alright but it went down very quick , to its current levels.
    I wonder what happened there

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I seen that alright but it went down very quick , to its current levels.
    I wonder what happened there

it hit resistance , i had a sell order in for 3.20 , think it might sail across 3 in the next week with broader market strength but doubt it closes above for a while yet

Down almost 5% on volume of only 50k.

Must be a big after-hours sale on the way.

Felt it was running out of steam.

Question now is where the support is? Big buying volume back at €2.40/2.50.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,452 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Down almost 5% on volume of only 50k.

Must be a big after-hours sale on the way.

Felt it was running out of steam.

Question now is where the support is? Big buying volume back at €2.40/2.50.

D.

I think the next big reaction will be to a Brexit deal and what form it will take. That could carry it over 3/share. This will happen in the next 3 weeks

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement

I think the next big reaction will be to a Brexit deal and what form it will take. That could carry it over 3/share. This will happen in the next 3 weeks

Hhhmmm....we'll see.

I think the market is also reacting to yesterday's UK economic statement, a reality check if ever there was one, and something we have been given here.

D.

Dinarius

When you say " Big buying volume back at €2.40/2.50." are you using some method seeing "orders"

If so, are they really indicative of anything. In my searching around for info on market manipulation, I see references to dealers putting in huge buy and sell orders with no intention of seeing them through, to spook the horses as it were

Second point, if you do have access to orders, where do I get it?

Thanks
    P.s. I use degiro , ,When i go into a perticular ETF on degiro I can see the lower and higher bid and sell sell offers ,

Again If we are talking about the same thing, Where should i join to see these figures.

Thanks in advance

I'm looking at uptick volume patterns on Degiro.

November 9/10 were big volume uptick days in the €2.40/2.50 range. (more than 1.5m traded in two days.)

So, possible support there.

Price is also way above 50 day EMA, which is at €2.06. So, we need to stop for a breather, I think.

D.

Thank you Dinarius.. you have mentioned these up ticks before

I think it was Jim 2007 who commented on seeing order books. If indeed you read this and made that comment , how do I gain access to these orders. I assume I will have to subscribe to some body/company to do so.
    Can you point me in that direction.

Someone, I think it was on this forum, some time ago, mentioned how dealers can see your stop losses, though these will appear as "sells" and just go far enough to take them out.

Any info appreciated

I use Degiro and I'm just looking at the volume on the charts.

At the volumes and trade sizes I deal in, seeing order books or having my orders seen will be of no interest to a trader. They will only be interested in knowing where large buy/sell orders are placed.

D.

Any idea what pushed BOI up 10 per cent today ?

About an hour ago, there were 250k traded, or thereabouts. One hour later and it's showing 430k.

So, I'm guessing that a big (late disclosure) buy early on set the ball rolling. A few singed bears too, I'd say.

But, as to why the big player(s) moved in....:rolleyes:

Support now looks like about 260c and resistance about 295/300c.

Fun to watch. :)

D.

About an hour ago, there were 250k traded, or thereabouts. One hour later and it's showing 430k.

So, I'm guessing that a big (late disclosure) buy early on set the ball rolling. A few singed bears too, I'd say.

But, as to why the big player(s) moved in....:rolleyes:

Fun to watch. :)

D.

i think resistance is 3.30 , thats where the stock was pre the Covid crash , its also where the stock dipped to around eighteen months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭p to the e

I'm guessing to do with positivity around Brexit

We've had a Biden bounce.

We will have a vaccine bounce and we will have a Brexit deal bounce too, I think.

D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭codrulz

We’ve had a vaccine bounce. What we’re seeing at the moment is linked to rallying treasury yields (which are much the same rally). What we shall hopefully see is a brexit bounce!

Will need to pay attention to the ECB meeting on the 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭sk8board

Looking at the RNS news feed, blackrock sold down slightly from 9.3% to 8.8% on Nov 26/27 and more significantly Norges bank upped their stake by 25% on Nov 29, from 4%-5%

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭daheff

i think a lot of this is expectation of a Brexit deal due to be announced in the next few days/week.

If a deal happens i can see the stock take off (~5 eur maybe)...but if a deal falls apart then it might be a drop back to ~2 eur levels.

If they can announce a resumption of divs it would also help the stock.

sold a good bit at 2.81 , thats ok though , content with my exposure now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭daheff

its been testing 3 EUR a couple of times today. I think it'll break through before end of day.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

If it closes above 300 then good.

Some resistance e at 350 then 415. Would have taken profit at 270 is you asked me before I entered but using a trailing SL tracker now

PHG wrote: »
    If it closes above 300 then good.

Some resistance e at 350 then 415. Would have taken profit at 270 is you asked me before I entered but using a trailing SL tracker now

resistance is 3.30

A whopping 350k+ traded with barely a budge.

So, a big bulls v. bears fight going on at this level.

The trend is still up, so the odds are on clearing out the last of the bears and then carrying on up.

We shall see.

D.

I guess d bears won

• Advertisement

I guess d bears won

Yes. As I wrote above, expected resistance at €3.00 and we saw it today on huge volume - 555k - so, it has some work to do I think.

But, trend is still up.

D.

Advertisement