Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland shares

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,451 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

PHG wrote: »

Why will non-traceable virtual wallet be required?

It is not just the state, banks or central banks that will know what I spend my money on. For instance I have to do accounts for tax purposes, your accountant will know what you are spending money on. When you go for a loan banks staff will see exactly what you are spending your money on.

People are entitled to privacy and privacy on how you spend your money will have to be part of that.

As well for a lot of small businesses card charges are crazy. It grand for McDonalds or Supermacs who have the negotiating power to reduce charges but maintenance and transaction charges are crazy for other businesses. Even lately a lad that I had doing a small job taught that charges from providers like sumup are hard on small businesses. Most still prefer a check for sums above 100 euro

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

BofI price and volume not updating on Degiro for me for the last few days.

The saved listing I'd been using gives me the current price, but no volume or charts.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Dinarius wrote: »
    BofI price and volume not updating on Degiro for me for the last few days.

The saved listing I'd been using gives me the current price, but no volume or charts.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks.

D.

I am the same, coincidently I had the same issue with FBD and now FBD is fine and BOIG is gone.

I am the same, coincidently I had the same issue with FBD and now FBD is fine and BOIG is gone.

All quotes for my Dublin listings are gone in my Favourites.

Only their equivalent London listings have live prices - e.g. AIB, BoI, etc.

When I search a listing and choose the Dublin version, I get "No real-time data supported for this exchange."

Surely, a Brexit thingy?

Can't see what else it could be.

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

It's down to DeGiro. They are not providing delayed feeds for the smaller index's anymore. You need to subscribe to the service if you want a feed,(I think it's about €2.50/month) and even then it's still 15min delayed for the Irish market

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

It's down to DeGiro. They are not providing delayed feeds for the smaller index's anymore. You need to subscribe to the service if you want a feed,(I think it's about €2.50/month) and even then it's still 15min delayed for the Irish market

Is that subscription service available through DeGiro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭TooOldBoots

Mav11 wrote: »
    Is that subscription service available through DeGiro?

Yes, you access it through the product settings/real time quotes. Theres also a link to the fees page
    https://www.degiro.ie/data/pdf/ie/IE_Feeschedule.pdf

Note I didn't see a price fee for the Iseq, maybe they are not doing that one

It will be interesting to see if BofI takes over Davy's, whether the new (sanitized) entity regains its government bonds contract.

This is a very small country; nothing would surprise me.

D.

I doubt boi will not move until there is due diligence done. Davy's has a few employees to fire. The Guards have a few to arrest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭daheff

AIB have gone back in for Goodbodys so I can see BOI looking at Davys as a strategic add on.

personally I'd prefer PTSB to buy Davys to add a bit of clout to their side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 ingeneer

Broke through 4 euro last week, and up to 4.16 today - hopefully it keeps climbing. lot of potential in buying davys too in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

It is not just the state, banks or central banks that will know what I spend my money on. For instance I have to do accounts for tax purposes, your accountant will know what you are spending money on. When you go for a loan banks staff will see exactly what you are spending your money on.

People are entitled to privacy and privacy on how you spend your money will have to be part of that.

As well for a lot of small businesses card charges are crazy. It grand for McDonalds or Supermacs who have the negotiating power to reduce charges but maintenance and transaction charges are crazy for other businesses. Even lately a lad that I had doing a small job taught that charges from providers like sumup are hard on small businesses. Most still prefer a check for sums above 100 euro

Isn't this what all banks do when checking people for a loan or anything? You really think the government care what you spend your money on, or some lad in the bank checking ot peoples naughty secrets. None of us are that important. Bank staff have very little to nothing to do with loan approval as its all automated. Most of the say over 18 sights would have alternate names. I used to work in a high street bank during college and I promise you nobody goes through accounts looking, nobody cares! Most people are just not that interesting and if anyone from the bank got caught disclosing they would be fired on the spot.

Shouldn't your accountant know what your business is spending money on for laundering purposes?

Basically you are referring to the ones doing nixers and not getting cash in hand instead of paying the tax. Not having a pop, I get it. I come from a small business family but there are plenty of new ways around all of that that are automated.

Back on topic, good to see staying above 400

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

I believe Bank of Ireland shares are a steal at the moment.
    Yes, it is massively down from the biggest peak but all I see are opportunities.
    I have been buying the shares for the past 2 or so years slowly accumulating with the horizon of 10 years in mind.

The way I see it, Bank of Ireland is going nowhere unless someone can state otherwise.
    It is a good opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Thought that 10 years ago myself and was hoovering up what were then cheap shares. Then there was a share consolidation and the price kept going down. AIB the same. I very much doubt I'll ever get the money back out of it. Maybe BOI if they hit €9 I'll break even. AIB would have to go to €18 or something :D

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

Thought that 10 years ago myself and was hoovering up what were then cheap shares. Then there was a share consolidation and the price kept going down. AIB the same. I very much doubt I'll ever get the money back out of it. Maybe BOI if they hit €9 I'll break even. AIB would have to go to €18 or something :D

Same here they need to go beyond 9 euro for me to breakeven and its just hard to see that happening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭Gorteen

I'm delighted with BoI at the moment. I bought at 2.004 in October 2020 and they closed today at 4.122.... Happy days

Hey guys, total novice here, following on from this thread I went rooting in the drawer there.....long story short I bought 2000 shares in Oct.2010....which came to €916 ( INC. commission to Davys). Roughly/ ballpark figure what are these worth today??? I understand there was some kinda " swap/ share" thing a few years back so I' ve no idea how many shares these 2000 converted to. I assume it's not much..... maybe best thing is leave them in the drawer & maybe grandkids might get a week in Lanzarote out of them?????

Hey guys, total novice here, following on from this thread I went rooting in the drawer there.....long story short I bought 2000 shares in Oct.2010....which came to €916 ( INC. commission to Davys). Roughly/ ballpark figure what are these worth today??? I understand there was some kinda " swap/ share" thing a few years back so I' ve no idea how many shares these 2000 converted to. I assume it's not much..... maybe best thing is leave them in the drawer & maybe grandkids might get a week in Lanzarote out of them?????

Roughly 2000/30= 67 shares

67 * €4.122 = 276

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Gorteen wrote: »
    I'm delighted with BoI at the moment. I bought at 2.004 in October 2020 and they closed today at 4.122.... Happy days

i bought at 1.50 last year having been out of the stock for years but sold at 2.90 , had a buy at 2.75 early in the new year but its only dropped to circa 2.96

well done

Roughly 2000/30= 67 shares

67 * €4.122 = 276

Thanks a million for that......itll be a weekend in Killarney so not so much a week in lanzarote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Thanks a million for that......itll be a weekend in Killarney so not so much a week in lanzarote

Lanzarote might still be the cheaper option. Killarney is not cheap. :)

Hit 4.30 at one stage this morning. Been a very good month. If it gets back to the 7/8 euro range it was in 2018 that would be very nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

id be nervous about buying at this level myself , the stock has a ten year history of very large swings

could test 3 euro again without any major pullback in the broader market

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

I still think it's cheap at the current price.
    Maybe I am naive, but I am looking forward to 20 -100 Euro.
    I will keep buying monthly till then.

RealistSpy wrote: »
    I still think it's cheap at the current price.
    Maybe I am naive, but I am looking forward to 20 -100 Euro.
    I will keep buying monthly till then.

There are 1,073,871,514 Bank of Ireland shares in circulation.

Now multiply the figures you are looking forwarded to and then compare that market capitalisation to other companies.

It is never going to happen unless there is a massive share buy back scheme and then the market capitalisation will be unchanged.

Most regional banks are currently trading at a P/E ratio of between 6 and 10. (BOI roughly 7). The Bank is fully capitalised, has overdone the write downs imho plus it's now part of a Duopoly.
    Given the general market has a p/e ratio of 26 and we are now moving from growth/risk stocks to more boring dividend paying stocks It is not beyond possibility that we could see the share price double from here very quickly.
    If we get a full building boom which looks likely when covid ends then we could see the share price 3-5X for a while and you'll get the experts like Eddie Knobs praising bank stocks until the house of cards all comes tumbling down again and it'll be cap in hand to the tax payer again.
    Until then it's a solid buy, but just remember to try and exit before Wallstreet slips out unnoticed like the last time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

KBC pulling out of Ireland and selling its performing loans and deposits to BOI, that’s a good thing for BOI, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭daheff

So KBC leaving Irish banking market. More good news for BOI shareholders?

Good news, no doubt KBC will get fleeced in the loan book deal but that's the cost of getting out for them.
    I originally thought Bank of Ireland could do €4 this year but now it looks good to do €5 easily in the next 12 months

• Advertisement

Didn't see that coming at all! Good for the share price (up 6% this morning) - bad for Irish consumers (KBC have good current accounts, mortgage rates and customer service).

Advertisement