Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Characters

Options
  • 23-11-2011 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I have a Dark Mage with Spectilitys in Magic and Weapons...What do you have ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

stuck with an argonian, ever since that mages quest in oblivion where you have to go into the well, i really like the underwater breathing. i'm a conjuring one handed weapon thief.

stuck with an argonian, ever since that mages quest in oblivion where you have to go into the well, i really like the underwater breathing. i'm a conjuring one handed weapon thief.

Potions for that quest saved me. I always want to pick Khajit because they look awesome but can never get past Dark Elf or Breton :(
    Motivate me to pick Khajit?

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

Pick khajit or you'll be sorry!!

(This threat has been brought to you by "We Break Thumbs!")

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Have 2 characters!

A sneak style Khajjit with just a bow

And a High elf mage using illusion,destruction and conjuration!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Nord with One handed, Destruction as its skills of death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

A Breton with Archery, Sneak, light armor, enchanting and smithing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Nord with a sword and shield

I'm so generic it's shameful :(

I'm kitted out with Daedric etc, but still, I'm not a khajit ninja or anything ...but I'm happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Bosmer rogue. Bow and a pair of daggers for the sneaky stuff. Longsword for when the **** hits the fan. Decent with most of the Stealth skills with a little Illusion thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I went with the high elf magical approach!! Basically put skill points into destruction + conjuration plus some enchantments also..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Potions for that quest saved me. I always want to pick Khajit because they look awesome but can never get past Dark Elf or Breton :(
    Motivate me to pick Khajit?

I'm a Khajit....
    Main reason, they can see in the dark
    No need for stupid torches and you get to explore all the nooks and crannies of the caves..
    And
    She looks amazing :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

First was a orc 2 handed axe murderer (way OP with berserker really), now onto the khajit dagger thief for a challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Might have finally settled on an Imperial with Heavy Armour, Magic and Bound Weapons. Need to figure out a good way to level up Illusion and I'll be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,973 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Nord with 2x one-hand swords, light/heavy armor. Lately I've taken to light though just because I become encumbered so damn often with dwemer armor. Which means you aren't very resilient: really when going light you should carry a shield, but Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

An Orc everything, im a jack of all trades :D Crowning piece is the legendary-50% improved-Daedric-double enchanted-armour set and weapons, with the steed stone so its like being naked ....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I re-rolled my battlemage again. Went for a High Elf instead of my first Breton, because lets face it - Since they've nerfed races in this game without their trait weaknesses High Elf seems to be the best for Magic (I mean who says no to an extra 5 levels of Magicka & Almost unlimited Magicka for 60 seconds a day?), I never chose High Elves before in TES games because of their high weakness to magic damages.

Yes my post is both of annoyance and of content regarding this :P

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dwaegon

Honestly, if we're going via skill levels, technically I'm a blacksmith, enchanter, alchemist, merchant...levelled up to about 35, then realised that I couldn't use the kickass weapons/armour that I had created at all. Now I'm 53 and I kick ass at destruction/one-handed/blocking

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

Imperial

Light armoured, stealth bow user primarily, falling back on restoration and 1 handed swords. Using conjured weapons only, maybe bar a dagger once I get the x30 damage backstab perk.
    Using alteration for detect life
    and illusion for quiet casting perk

I'm a Khajiit. Played my Sneak and Archery up to 65 each and now have One handed to 55 and Block to 60 so I fall back on them. No magic at all which is strange for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kfish2oo2

Level 27 Argonian specializing in light armor, one handed weapons, sneaking, smithing and archery. I usually dual wield the Blade of Woe and Gauldar Blackblade, with an Epic Elven Bow, and use the Nightingale armor with the Ancient Assassins boots and gloves, and a enchanted Glass helmet which adds 40 to Magicka.

My character is a lovely contradiction; Listener of the Dark Brotherhood, leader of the Thieves guild, a Nightingale and an Imperial Legate. I'm also a Thane of Whiterun and own a house there (where I stash the ridiculous amount of jewelry I have). I'm about to get cracking into the Companions quest line, after having finished the main quest line last night. With all that, I should by rights be the most powerful and influential person in Skyrim. Funny thing is, hardly anyone seems to acknowledge that I killed Alduin and saved the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Nord one-handed with light armour and use destruction magic also, level 42
    Chose to fight on the rebel side

• Advertisement

Gonna do stormcloaks with my Khajiit because I did Imperials with my Dunmer.
    So contradictory.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dwaegon

kfish2oo2 wrote: »
    Funny thing is, hardly anyone seems to acknowledge that I killed Alduin and saved the world.

I kinda like that tbh. In Oblivion, once you completed the main quest, every third person you walked by had a shìtfit about you being the saviour of cyrodiil...got very stale very fast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Dark elf stealth/archer/conjurer.
    Fun combination at lower levels - when creating distractions, running and hiding was necessary for survival a lot of the time. At level 49 he can one-shot most things from stealth and often kill groups of enemies before they figure out where he is. He's also inadvertently become a damage sponge because most of the level bonuses went into health, and he has double-enchanted dragon scale. Obviously I could increase the put him in weaker armour, but it seems a shame after grinding/buying smithing and enchanting to 100.
    I think they over-simplified some aspects of the game. It would be better with more of a requirement to choose between damage mitigation and speed/stealth wrt armour choice. I think it's a flaw to have no stealth, speed or damage related attribute when levelling up also. Rogue-type characters end up with attributes and equipment for fighters or wizards. It detracts from the experience. There is not the need to be elusive to survive, which is part of the fun of this style of character.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I restarted with an Orc Two handed swords man with Heavy Armor and Smithing.
    Smithing is ridiculous how easy it is to just spam daggers but worth it to see your amazing Deadric Armor and sword.
    Anyway the pure warrior is my favourite build so far, Lobbing off heads is so much fun.

Advertisement