Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Headphones.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

If I had that budget these would be the ones I'd look at:

Audio Technica ath m50 (closed but not very portable)
    Sennheiser hd 25-1 ii (closed and portable)
    Fostex t50rp (closed but needs an amp)
    Shure Srh 840 (closed and not portable)
    Fischer Audio Fa 002 or 003 (one is open, one is closed, neither very portable)
    Superlux 668b (cheap but meant to be very good)
    Beyerdynamic Dt 1350 (expensive)
    Sony mdr v6 (closed and slightly portable)
    Akg k181 (closed but not very portable)

Don't really see the appeal for wireless headphones so I don't have any opinion on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I recently got a pair of Denon D2000s and I think they are ace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,733 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

http://www.goodcans.com/HeadphoneReviews/Reviewss/recommendations.html

And get a nice little amp like the FiiO E5 or E6 plus a Line Out Dock connector (DealExtreme has these).

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Sennheiser hd-25 ii is the way to go. Great sound and really sturdy. Bose are fairly overpriced. Just don't get beats.

Theyre 175 at xmusic i think and thomann.

If i had the money I'd have a pair.

Oh and I agree on the amp, i use the FiiO E5 with px200 and koss portapros and it seems to offer some improvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

I think I'm going to settle on Astro A40's for bothe music and gaming, thanks for the advice lads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement