Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Night and the Doctor

• 23-11-2011 11:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭

Got my Series 6 DVD from HMV today which at €50 is almost a bargain from them, usually these things start out around the €80 mark when released.
    Anyway on Disc 3 there are four mini scenes which fall under the heading 'Night and the Doctor', it's meant to cover a couple of examples of what the Doctor (who doesn't need to sleep as much as humans) does while the Ponds are tucked up in their bunks.
    The first two, Bad Night' and 'Good Night', tie up nicely a loose end from the start of the Comic Relief piece 'Space & Time' while the second two, 'First Night' and 'Last Night' show us yet another significant chapter in River Song's story.
    Won't say much more here except to say they are excellent and worth checking out.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

The first 4 are great, loved the ice-cream line from the Doctor.

Not sure about the Up all Night one. Seems like it was just an offcut from the episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/night-and-the-doctor-28392.htm

For those who don't own the DVD they're up on youtube.

And yeah, first 4 are good. The last one, not so much.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'd love to buy that Season 6 DVD, but with the big mugshot of The Silence on the front, I keep forgetting to buy it when I look away from the cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

pixelburp wrote: »
    I'd love to buy that Season 6 DVD, but with the big mugshot of The Silence on the front, I keep forgetting to buy it when I look away from the cover.

Presumably they did designed the cover like that so you'll buy the boxset, forget about it, and then buy more boxsets. You've unintentionally outsmarted those crafty BBC hoodlums!

Advertisement