Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do i report Upc To

• 23-11-2011 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭

i recently got sky sports free for two months and then when my bill was due the upc crowd decided to charge me for this product, which i rang up immediately and they said that it would not be charged and the original flat agreement would be taken only and not to worry,

Well these shower did debit the full amount, at this stage im reallly getting fed up with |Upc who seem to take out what they like from your bank account,

What i want to know is who i can report thIs shower to is it com reg ?

what annoys me is that they assured me this would not happen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

I'd think the small claims court would be the correct place to take it, but I'm not 100%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭jclally

First thing I did was cancel my direct debit and told them Id pay them again when they sorted it. Ul be months chasing them otherwise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

They add a surcharge for not having direct debit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

hate this kinda shizzle, hope it gets sorted soon... Hate when companies always quick to take money and the complete polar opposite when it comes to giving it back after their "mistakes"

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

The direct debit scheme is a farce more honoured in the breech than in the observance however even in that mess you do have certain rights.

http://www.ipso.ie/section/DirectDebits

It really is difficult to read some of the stuff there without laughing as it is so out of touch with the reality of what bill payers have to put up with as you are finding out now.

Most bank branch staff - including senior staff - in my direct experience haven't got the foggiest notion about how the dd scheme works so there is little hope there. Your best bet is to contact ipso directly ask to speak to the manager of the dd scheme Mr. Michael O'Neill (http://www.ipso.ie/section/IPSOStaff) who ends up being the last resort in these cases. (oneillm@ipso.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

There will be a record of your request on the system so if you ring them, demand a supervisor and scream enough down the phone, they'll credit the money back to your account. I know cos I used to work there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

There will be a record of your request on the system so if you ring them, demand a supervisor and scream enoughdown the phone, they'll credit the money back to your account. I know cos I used to work there :D

Rule number 1 of ringing any support line: do NOT scream down the phone.

A) the person won't listen to half of what you are saying. Calm but firm will help you much more, screaming will guarantee zero interest in you or your problems.

B) The person on the other end of the line is not being payed enough to get hearing damage listening to hysterics.

You wouldn't dare act like that face to face with them and the anonymity of a phone call is no excuse to act like a child throwing a tantrum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

if you have a problem with a particular company, your first port of call should be the company themselves.

attempt to get the issue resolved with UPC and if that doesn't work, then you need to complain directly to the UPC complaints department. THEN if you don't get a satisfactory resolution you can go to comreg, but they won't (at least they wouldn't the last time i tried) deal with you until you have been through the complaints procedure with the company in question.

yes, UPC are a complete shower when it comes to billing and support, they certainly don't have many friends here in that regards, but any company can make a mistake and should be given a chance to rectify it. yes, i know you already called them about it, but call again, or better yet, write an email stating your case calmly but firmly and it will most likley be resolved without too much further inconvenience to you.

Advertisement