Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barts Ballycotton Sub 60

• 23-11-2011 11:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭

****sorry could a mod please put this in training logs, i put it here by mistake, sorry bout that***
    Okay here goes my attempt at a training log
    Some backround on me
    male
    running 3 years

pbs
    10k 38:30
    10 mile 63:36
    HM 84:57
    Marathon 2:59:38

current weekly mileage 35-50
    weight 73kg
    Flexability...very bad
    Bad habits...drinking way too much on my weekly night out and smoking when drunk, not stretching enough, not doing any strength or corework, not maintaining an internet log once i start one even though i know i should!

heres a plan that i made up, probabliy wont stick to it entirely over the next 14 weeks but i hope that i can get 90% of the sessions in the diary, and with some flex and strength, i might be in a position to do sub 60 in ballycotton, or mallow as a fallback. i usually do the miles outside of sessions very easy..... recovery at 8:40, easy and long runs at about 8:10, i hope the sessions will naturally make these paces quicker, i dont want to force the pace on these because i like switching off on these runs and checking pace all the time is not fun.

Week 1
    8m with 2x(2@6:00mm)
    6m
    6m
    7m with 4*1000@5:50mm
    5m
    15m long run
    Rest

Week 2
    8m with 4@6:10mm
    7m
    6m with 3*1000@5:50mm
    6m
    6m
    8m with 5 mile race Aware, Dublin
    Rest

Week 3
    15m
    6m
    6m
    6m with 8*800@5:45mm
    6m
    12m with 4@6:30mm
    Rest

Week 4
    Recovery Week
    8m with 3@6:30mm
    6m
    6m
    8m with 3@6:30mm
    6m
    16m long run
    Rest

Week 5
    9m with 6@6:15mm
    6m
    6m
    8m with 6*1000@5:45mm
    6m
    15 mile long run
    Rest

Week 6
    8m with 4@6:00mm
    6m
    6m
    8m with 4*1200@5:45mm
    6m
    16m long run
    Rest

Week 7
    10m with 7@6:15mm
    6m
    6m
    8m with 3*1600@5:40mm
    6m
    15m long run
    Rest

Week 8
    8m with 5@6:00mm
    7m
    7m
    8m with 8*800@5:40mm
    6m
    15m long run
    Rest

Week 9
    6m
    8m with 3*1600@5:45mm
    6m
    5m
    Rest
    3m
    Dungarvan 10 mile Race

Week 10
    5m
    8m
    6m
    8m with 8*800@5:45mm
    6m
    15m with 8@6:30mm
    Rest

Week 11
    8m with 5*1200@5:45mm
    7m
    5m
    12m with 10@6:15mm
    5m
    15m long run
    Rest

Week 12
    8m with 5*1600@5:45mm
    7m
    5m
    12m with 10@6:15mm
    5m
    15m long run
    Rest

Week 13
    6m with 6*600@5:35mm
    6m
    6m
    10m with 7*1000@5:40mm
    5m
    16m long run

Week 14
    6m with 6*800@5:40mm
    5m
    6m with 2@6:00mm
    4m
    Rest
    3m
    Ballycotton 10 mile race

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Good luck with it - will be following this one. Im doing dungarvan as well on the way to connemara, but have sub 60 as a loose target too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Best of luck, i'm guessing you're going for something like sub 61 for Dungarvan? Going for something similar myself in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭bart simpson

Best of luck, i'm guessing you're going for something like sub 61 for Dungarvan? Going for something similar myself in that.

yeah il go for 61:00 - 61:30 in dungarvan id say,
    i was thinking of maybe trying to do 7-8 sub 6 minute miles and then blow up and cross the line in maybe 63, but im thinking better of it now, blowing up is never nice and 10@6:05 will be dam hard for me, if i can get 61:00 - 61:30 it will give me great confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

Best of luck with the log , good times you got there
    Pilates classes are great for core work .

Seres wrote: »
    Best of luck with the log , good times you got there
    Pilates classes are great for core work .

good man seres, checked it out on the web, going to do a yoga/pilates/core class next monday...hope it will make stretching and strength a habit.

• Advertisement

good man seres, checked it out on the web, going to do a yoga/pilates/core class next monday...hope it will make stretching and strength a habit.

Seres is not a man ! :o well the last time i checked anyway !
    Pilates is not that popular with some blokes but its tough no matter what the gender .Keep up the log , you'll get great support and encouragement on here . If you're logging all your sessions you wont be inclined to dodge any or go too soft on yourself , the boardsies will be checkin up on ya !:pac::)

Seres is not a man ! :o well the last time i checked anyway !
    Pilates is not that popular with some blokes but its tough no matter what the gender .Keep up the log , you'll get great support and encouragement on here . If you're logging all your sessions you wont be inclined to dodge any or go too soft on yourself , the boardsies will be checkin up on ya !:pac::)

Thanks seres :) in what way is it tough? like could you do a speed session and a class on the same day if you had to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Glad you started a log. Now i can keep a good eye on you.:D:D
    Your best strength has to be your mental toughness.

You have come along way since last feb. I rem pacing a few lads for sub 65 and we lost you at seven. You used to use my maratohn pace runs at your tempos. Its gone full circle.
    Will you break 60 ?? Before wed session i would have said your were 10/1 but after that i reckon you are alot better than you think. I would review a bit of that program if i was you. Get used to 6.05 pace and see how you feel. Get a few pbs under your belt early in the year.
    I remember doing a maratohn pace run with ye 7 weeks ago when beer feiced you up. You lasted 2 miles i reckon. The other lad said you wouldnt break it. I replied if he finished in front of you he would break 3. He didnt.
    Breaking the hour is tough but if you have a chance going up the hill your mental toughness will count for alot. For the first time ever i now wouldnt be sure of beating you in a race. You have motivated me too with the log.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NoGutsNoGlory

make sure to get your entry form in our your 14 week plan will be in vain.. (14 weeks . you could train for a marathon in that time) forms out next tuesday.....

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Caprica

Best of luck with sub 60 Bart, a mark I would like to get closer to myself.

Would definitely recommend the Pilates, I have found it to be of great benefit. It can be a tough class, started of at beginners and have moved through the levels, current course is using the fit ball. Works the core but also do stretching, some of the fit ball stuff works the upperbody.

• Advertisement

Thanks seres :) in what way is it tough? like could you do a speed session and a class on the same day if you had to?
    ya sure you could , i've often done it on the same day as a speed session , prob better do the speed first though . The pilates involves alot of stomach work to strenghten up your core area for more efficient running . It also strenghtens up your glutes too . I started it cause i got a running injury training for the half . The class will prob be full of women but give it 2 months at it and you will notice a difference in your core strenght .
    I say you could give that 10k pb a good rattle , my pb is 38.50 and i wouldnt be near 3hr for the marathon id say .

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Larry Brent

2 things jump out to me. 1) there are only about 3 sessions at race pace (RP). 2) last week is overkill - do no more than 11m as the long run a week before and ease up the last session, do it by tuesday, wednesday at the latest. I'd advocate running at race effort (not pace) once a week and then alternate the second session every week with shorter reps a bit faster than race pace and a long continuous run a bit slower. I've put in an example below as to how this may be progressed. I've started at week 2 so you could fit in the easy week where needed (as well as Dungarvan being an easy week).

I've got 7 Ballycotton cups but only 4 t-shirts - i.e. it took me 4 attempts to get one. I went 65, 61, 61, 60, 59, 58, 57. To get from 61s to 60 I had to do lactate threshold work, to get to 58 and 57 I did similar to below...

Week 2
    6 x 1k @ RP - 10s
    3 x 1m @ RP off 90s jog recovery

Week 3
    4m @ RP + 20s
    4 x 1m @ RP off 90s jog recovery

Week 4
    8 x 1k @ RP - 10s
    5 x 1m @ RP off 90s jog recovery

Week 5
    5m @ RP + 20s
    6 x 1m @ RP off 90s jog recovery

Week 6
    4 x 1m @ RP - 10s
    5 x 2k @ RP

Week 7
    6m @ RP + 20s
    8 x 1m @ RP off 90s

Week 8
    5x1m@ RP - 10s off 90s jog recovery
    4 x 1.5m @ RP off 2mins jog recovery
    11m long run

Week 9
    6m
    4x1k @ RP - 20s
    6m
    5m
    Rest
    3m
    Dungarvan 10 mile Race

Week 10
    No session early in week
    4 x 2m @ RP off 2mins jog recovery

Week 11
    7m @ RP + 20s

Week 12
    6x1m@ RP - 10s off 90s jog recovery
    3x3m @ RP off 3mins jog recovery

Week 13
    8m @ RP + 20s
    3x3m @ RP off 2:30 jog recovery
    11m long run

Week 14
    6m
    4x1k @ RP-20s
    4m
    Rest
    3m
    Ballycotton 10 mile race
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT][/FONT]

Glad you started a log. Now i can keep a good eye on you.:D:D
    Your best strength has to be your mental toughness.

You have come along way since last feb. I rem pacing a few lads for sub 65 and we lost you at seven. You used to use my maratohn pace runs at your tempos. Its gone full circle.
    Will you break 60 ?? Before wed session i would have said your were 10/1 but after that i reckon you are alot better than you think. I would review a bit of that program if i was you. Get used to 6.05 pace and see how you feel. Get a few pbs under your belt early in the year.
    I remember doing a maratohn pace run with ye 7 weeks ago when beer feiced you up. You lasted 2 miles i reckon. The other lad said you wouldnt break it. I replied if he finished in front of you he would break 3. He didnt.
    Breaking the hour is tough but if you have a chance going up the hill your mental toughness will count for alot. For the first time ever i now wouldnt be sure of beating you in a race. You have motivated me too with the log.
    i would not read much into 400s on wednesday at all, everyone knows 100-800m is the younger mans game, but i do think i have a 50% chance of doing it in ballycotton, and there is always mallow to try again after that if i dont.
    yeah i remember that marathon pace run, i wasnt right at all that day, it was like i was running on tar, i managed 10 with ye, but it felt like a full on race.
    im still way off your race paces and staminia, the only way id beat you is if you started coming back to me and i wouldnt take satisfaction in that, and im sure it would nearly kill you!..so i dont see that happening :)

ya sure you could , i've often done it on the same day as a speed session , prob better do the speed first though . The pilates involves alot of stomach work to strenghten up your core area for more efficient running . It also strenghtens up your glutes too . I started it cause i got a running injury training for the half . The class will prob be full of women but give it 2 months at it and you will notice a difference in your core strenght .
    I say you could give that 10k pb a good rattle , my pb is 38.50 and i wouldnt be near 3hr for the marathon id say .
    thanks a lot Seres, it something that i was thinking of doing, but needed someone to tell me to do it, its actually a men only class so yoga/pilates must be becoming more fashable with us menfolk!
    thanks again :)

2 things jump out to me. 1) there are only about 3 sessions at race pace (RP). 2) last week is overkill - do no more than 11m as the long run a week before and ease up the last session, do it by tuesday, wednesday at the latest. I'd advocate running at race effort (not pace) once a week and then alternate the second session every week with shorter reps a bit faster than race pace and a long continuous run a bit slower. I've put in an example below as to how this may be progressed. I've started at week 2 so you could fit in the easy week where needed (as well as Dungarvan being an easy week).

I've got 7 Ballycotton cups but only 4 t-shirts - i.e. it took me 4 attempts to get one. I went 65, 61, 61, 60, 59, 58, 57. To get from 61s to 60 I had to do lactate threshold work, to get to 58 and 57 I did similar to below...

Week 2
    6 x 1k @ RP - 10s
    3 x 1m @ RP off 90s jog recovery

Week 3
    4m @ RP + 20s
    4 x 1m @ RP off 90s jog recovery

Week 4
    8 x 1k @ RP - 10s
    5 x 1m @ RP off 90s jog recovery

Week 5
    5m @ RP + 20s
    6 x 1m @ RP off 90s jog recovery

Week 6
    4 x 1m @ RP - 10s
    5 x 2k @ RP

Week 7
    6m @ RP + 20s
    8 x 1m @ RP off 90s

Week 8
    5x1m@ RP - 10s off 90s jog recovery
    4 x 1.5m @ RP off 2mins jog recovery
    11m long run

Week 9
    6m
    4x1k @ RP - 20s
    6m
    5m
    Rest
    3m
    Dungarvan 10 mile Race

Week 10
    No session early in week

Week 11
    7m @ RP + 20s

Week 12
    6x1m@ RP - 10s off 90s jog recovery
    3x3m @ RP off 3mins jog recovery

Week 13
    8m @ RP + 20s
    3x3m @ RP off 2:30 jog recovery
    11m long run

Week 14
    6m
    4x1k @ RP-20s
    4m
    Rest
    3m
    Ballycotton 10 mile race
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT][/FONT]

larry thats a fantastic post, thanks very much, il use your program, some hard sessions in it but it all makes sense and has a progression to it, thanks for taking the time to do it.
    the log has helped me a lot already and i havent even started training yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭kaymin

larry thats a fantastic post, thanks very much, il use your program, some hard sessions in it but it all makes sense and has a progression to it, thanks for taking the time to do it.
    the log has helped me a lot already and i havent even started training yet!

I'm going to try follow it aswell with the exception I'm not doing Dungarvan - it'll be interesting to see how we compare as the weeks go by.

Monday 28th November

My ballycotton program started this week and i had my first session, which was 6 x 1000 @ race pace minius 10 seconds

it was a little windy outside and me being a little windy also i decided to dodge it and go and do the session in the gym, 5:50mm works out at about 16.55 km/hr, i did 2k warm up, then the 6 x 1000, first 3 @ 16.6, last 3 @16.5, all with 90 sec recovery and 0.5% incline, i even had to put up with village runner heckling me in the gym while i was trying to whore out the last one.

i found this session tough, and im glad i did it on the threadmill because it would have being harder on the road. some of the sessions that are ahead of me are very tough and a little daunting, i just have to hope that my body can recover, adapt and improve quickly. if i am going to break 60 in the spring i will have to be a lot more disciplined with my lifestyle, i could still feel the effects of friday night partying in my body on mondays session. i had 3 cans, 8 pints, a double vodka and about 10 fags, that kind of stuff undos all the good work and i honestly think it takes 4-5 days to get out of your system, if i have to report that stupidity on here it might limit it!, i also need to look at my diet, its not really bad but with these sessions i will need more calories, and i dont want junk calories

Did the pilates/core class monday night, i found it good, its a little hard to take it all in on the first night, and i kept breathing in when i should have being breathing out and vice versa, i felt like it was working my core and id say its great for strengthing your back, my flexibility is pretty poor, i will sign up for 6 classes of this, hopefully the next time i see the physio he wont be giving out to me. my entry form for ballycotton is in the post....just have to wait now and be paranoid that the postman lost it, like i always am!

6 x 1000, first 3 @ 16.6, last 3 @16.5, all with 90 sec recovery and 0.5% incline

Monday 28th November

some of the sessions that are ahead of me are very tough and a little daunting, i just have to hope that my body can recover, adapt and improve quickly. if i am going to break 60 in the spring i will have to be a lot more disciplined with my lifestyle, i could still feel the effects of friday night partying in my body on mondays session. i had 3 cans, 8 pints, a double vodka and about 10 fags, that kind of stuff undos all the good work and i honestly think it takes 4-5 days to get out of your system, if i have to report that stupidity on here it might limit it!, i also need to look at my diet, its not really bad but with these sessions i will need more calories, and i dont want junk calories

Running needs will prioritise as you progress with the sessions . You will be less inclined to do stuff thats bad for your body and training once you start investing time and effort in the running . This always happens to me . Drink is a killer alright and you prob will feel more guilty if you have to log it too.
    Did the pilates/core class monday night, i found it good, its a little hard to take it all in on the first night, and i kept breathing in when i should have being breathing out and vice versa, i felt like it was working my core and id say its great for strengthing your back, my flexibility is pretty poor, i will sign up for 6 classes of this, hopefully the next time i see the physio he wont be giving out to me. my entry form for ballycotton is in the post....just have to wait now and be paranoid that the postman lost it, like i always am!

6 x 1000, first 3 @ 16.6, last 3 @16.5, all with 90 sec recovery and 0.5% incline

Im doin the pilates two years now and my best advice to you is forget the breathing for now it will come naturally after you start becoming accustomed to naturally engaging you core .
    If you want a tip on engaging the core let me know .
    Fairplay to ya for starting it up .

it was a little windy outside and me being a little windy also i decided to dodge it and go and do the session in the gym,

IMHO you'd be much better off doing these outside, just adapt the pace for the conditions as necessary.

5:50mm works out at about 16.55 km/hr, i did 2k warm up, then the 6 x 1000, first 3 @ 16.6, last 3 @16.5, all with 90 sec recovery and 0.5% incline, one....

...i found this session tough, ....some of the sessions that are ahead of me are very tough and a little daunting, i just have to hope that my body can recover, adapt and improve quickly.

1) You should do these at 10m race effort rather than pace. So if it's windy, or you're tired it will be slower than your race pace, but the effort will be the same. The 4x2m and 3x3m sessions are the real barometer. The last few years when I've done these they've worried me a bit, e.g. when target pace was 5:50 I only managed about 6:10 pace for the 3x3m session, but come race day I was able for 5:47s. From experience I was happy enough with the 6:10s as I knew the effort was right - it felt like I could have kept going for 10miles. Still, I was a bit worried that the 5:50s were out of reach. But in the middle of big training, in bad weather etc. the 6:10s are as good as the 5:50s if the effort is right. Similarly when trying for an 8m run at 6:00 pace I'd only hit 6:20. If I was to try and hit the 5:50 for the 3x3 or 6:00 for the 8m I'd probably have overcooked it. So work on effort rather than pace; when doing the session you should feel 'yes, I could keep this up for 10m'.

2) These sessions should be done at the pace/effort that you could do on the day itself, not your target race pace. So if you could have rub 65mins last night at your best, bring honest considering the weekend you had and that you're only at the start of your training, then 6:30 would have been the desired pace, but then if you went outside and it was extra windy, that 6:30 effort may have worked out at 6:40 pace.

It would be good to have an accurate target for now. It might be an idea to find a 5k or 10k very soon to see where you are now, so you could then work off that and closer the time that may be revised to 60mins or better.nKilling yourself to hit 60min pace sessions now wouldn't be the best way to go about it.

All the best.

IMHO you'd be much better off doing these outside, just adapt the pace for the conditions as necessary.

1) You should do these at 10m race effort rather than pace. So if it's windy, or you're tired it will be slower than your race pace, but the effort will be the same. The 4x2m and 3x3m sessions are the real barometer. The last few years when I've done these they've worried me a bit, e.g. when target pace was 5:50 I only managed about 6:10 pace for the 3x3m session, but come race day I was able for 5:47s. From experience I was happy enough with the 6:10s as I knew the effort was right - it felt like I could have kept going for 10miles. Still, I was a bit worried that the 5:50s were out of reach. But in the middle of big training, in bad weather etc. the 6:10s are as good as the 5:50s if the effort is right. Similarly when trying for an 8m run at 6:00 pace I'd only hit 6:20. If I was to try and hit the 5:50 for the 3x3 or 6:00 for the 8m I'd probably have overcooked it. So work on effort rather than pace; when doing the session you should feel 'yes, I could keep this up for 10m'.

2) These sessions should be done at the pace/effort that you could do on the day itself, not your target race pace. So if you could have rub 65mins last night at your best, bring honest considering the weekend you had and that you're only at the start of your training, then 6:30 would have been the desired pace, but then if you went outside and it was extra windy, that 6:30 effort may have worked out at 6:40 pace.

It would be good to have an accurate target for now. It might be an idea to find a 5k or 10k very soon to see where you are now, so you could then work off that and closer the time that may be revised to 60mins or better.nKilling yourself to hit 60min pace sessions now wouldn't be the best way to go about it.

All the best.

thanks larry, yeah i dont normally run a lot on the threadmill and i wont do many sessions on it at all, id say 6:10 would be my race pace for these sessions right now, so with the -10 secs that would be 6 not 5:50, i left it at 5:50 because i thought the thread would be easier,
    there is a 5 miler on up in the phoenix park next saturday, i will go and do that, and hopefully i will know more after it. maybe if i could find a race effort pace from the 5 mile result and my target pace for dungarvan.....id be hoping that my sessions after dungarvan would be very near 6:00 to give me the confidence for ballycotton. time will tell

Tuesday 29th November
    6 mile recovery jog 8:45m/m

• Advertisement

Running needs will prioritise as you progress with the sessions . You will be less inclined to do stuff thats bad for your body and training once you start investing time and effort in the running . This always happens to me . Drink is a killer alright and you prob will feel more guilty if you have to log it too.

Im doin the pilates two years now and my best advice to you is forget the breathing for now it will come naturally after you start becoming accustomed to naturally engaging you core .
    If you want a tip on engaging the core let me know .
    Fairplay to ya for starting it up .

yeah i hope i will smartin up when i put more effort in, i usually do, xmas is a bit of a worry!, but i enjoy the challenge of good sessions and if i can see good improvement it will be all worth it. yeah any tips would be great seres thanks :)

Wednesday 30th November

7.5 miles @ 8.04mm some easy running on a hilly loop in the local park, wet and windy day but enjoyed it all the same, i must do some more running in the park, it has some good hills in it and the surface is not as hard as tarmac, also i was able to hear bruce springsteen, most of my routes are beside traffic
    did about 15 minutes of stretching when i finished :)

7.5 miles @ 8.04mm

Thursday 1st December

did my second session of the program today, 3 x 1 mile with 90 secs recovery splits were 6:07 , 6:09 , 6:08
    7.4 mile altogeter

i found this tougher than i thought it would be, maybe it was just a bad day for me, or maybe my body still has to get used to the quick recoverys as i dont normally do two sessions a week...i dunno, in the lead up to DCM this year i did a similar workout, although id say the recoveries were 2:30 minutes but i did them at 5:40 5:46 5:46, i would not have being near that today. for the next few weeks il keep these mile LT intervals at 6:10, il keep the k intervals at 6:00, and tempos at 6:20-6:25
    sub 60 seems very far away based on today, but 13 weeks i hope is enough time to at least give me a chance.

3 x 1 mile with 90 secs recovery splits were 6:07 , 6:09 , 6:08
    7.4 mile altogeter

Saturday 3rd december

didnt run yesterday as i went out thursday night, i had a good bit to drink but i stayed away from cigarettes so i was delighted with that.
    today i did 15 mile @ 8:38, started off near 9mm and did the last few at 8mm, it was a grand run and kept me on my feet for just over the 2 hours which is all i wanted at this stage, might do 6 miles tomorrow evening but i wont put myself under pressure
    next week on the program calls for 4m @ RP + 20s on monday and
    4 x 1m @ RP off 90s jog recovery on thursday,
    but as i am doing the aware 5 mile next saturday il do 4x1m @ RP on monday and have the race as my tempo session next saturday. anyone here doing the aware 5 mile? id be glad of some company!

15 mile @ 8:38mm

Saturday 3rd december

didnt run yesterday as i went out thursday night, i had a good bit to drink but i stayed away from cigarettes so i was delighted with that.
    today i did 15 mile @ 8:38, started off near 9mm and did the last few at 8mm, it was a grand run and kept me on my feet for just over the 2 hours which is all i wanted at this stage, might do 6 miles tomorrow evening but i wont put myself under pressure
    but as i am doing the aware 5 mile next saturday il do 4x1m @ RP on monday and have the race as my tempo session next saturday. anyone here doing the aware 5 mile? id be glad of some company!

Why not do the intervals mon and tempo tuesday.........So early into a program i wouldnt skip a session, Or tempo monday and intervals wed morning. 4 x 1 mile wont kill you and you have 72 hours recovery. Its not a rocket science.

ya may give up the booze!!!!!! it'll take 2-3 days to recover from a session...

Saturday 3rd december

Good stuff getting the long run in but pity about the missed day. If you're going to do the race, which I think is a good idea so you can find out where you are and get a rough idea of your current 10m shape so you'll know what pace to train at, currently, then race it well. So Tuesday at the latest do the 4 x 1m. Keep it controlled, considering the race coming up don't worry if pace is a bit slower than last week and you could take up to 2:30 jog recovery rather than 90s. Do 4 x 30s fast after them. Then taper down with easy runs and nail the race. Do not try to do long run sat, tempo mon, intervals wed. They don't hand out top 100 t-shirts in training. Best of luck.

ya may give up the booze!!!!!! it'll take 2-3 days to recover from a session...

i know its a curse!, but i plan on emigrating in the spring and as much as id love to do a sub 60 i also want to be able to party with my friends and family before i go!.....il definatley put it the training, il try manage the booze, it might not be enough, but thats it

i know its a curse!, but i plan on emigrating in the spring and as much as id love to do a sub 60 i also want to be able to party with my friends and family before i go!.....il definatley put it the training, il try manage the booze, it might not be enough, but thats it
    excuses excuses excuses...................You are starting ot sound like me now.:D

• Advertisement

excuses excuses excuses...................You are starting ot sound like me now.:D

VR the king of excuses!!!!!......... :D

Advertisement