Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What size to the pics in my sig need to be?

Options
  • 23-11-2011 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

What size do the pics in my sig to be?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Onesimus wrote: »
    What size do the pics in my sig to be?

From here:
    Images totalling up to 500 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 30k in size. No animated images are allowed.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

From here:

:)

What does ''no animated images allowed'' mean precisely?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

What does ''no animated images allowed'' mean precisely?

Nothing moving, shaking or flashing. Like a normal picture.

Ok So I have followed forum rules and my pic is 5.6K ( a lot smaller than 30 k ) and 100x100 size. is this ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

It's 165 pixels high - limit is 125.

I'm not so sure about a .ie link to a page in Ukrainian either.

• Advertisement

Orion wrote: »
    It's 165 pixels high - limit is 125.

I'm not so sure about a .ie link to a page in Ukrainian either.

Did the forum rules not suggest us to be allowed height in our pics to go over the suggested limit a wee bit?

The forum rules said that I could have a link below the pic. The Ukrainian can also be translated into English. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

No, you cannot exceed the height/width/kb limits. If so your image can be removed without warning.

Cross003.gif
    is clearly too tall.

This image is just right size wise
    picture.php?albumid=1433&pictureid=9905

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Did the forum rules not suggest us to be allowed height in our pics to go over the suggested limit a wee bit?

The forum rules said that I could have a link below the pic. The Ukrainian can also be translated into English. :confused:

A wee bit, yes, by which we mean a few pixels here or there, but not a third taller than is permitted. Please change the image in your sig. The link is fine as it is a clearly identifiable url. However given that it links to a site in Ukrainian, I would suggest that you add some text noting this so that someone clicking on it doesn't think they've been redirected to a dodgy site.

Cheers. Has anyone any suggestions as to how I could take the height down on it? how do I do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Here's the image resized to fit within the 125 pixel limit

Cross003.gif

• Advertisement

Great I've since changed it. :D

Advertisement