Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banna Sea Rescue Fundraiser

Options
  • 24-11-2011 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Hi people,

There's a fundraiser for Banna Sea Rescue in the Brogue Inn this Friday night, commencing at 8.30pm. There will be food, a raffle and some live music from Zedz Dead. Please call in if you are in town to support a worthy cause.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Excellent cause,Came across this one recently also..

My name’s Peter Hennessy & I am going shedding the pounds in aid of the Irish Lifeboat Service! My goal for this challenge is to hopefully lose 35lbs. for myself while raising as much as possible for the lifeboat.
    All this will be officially kicking off on the 23rd of November through to the 15th February 2012. I have 12 weeks to complete the challenge.
    The first weigh in will be on Friday the 25th Nov and the final weigh in will be Friday the 17th Feb.
    Ann Scanlon of Positive Fitness will be supervising the weigh in every week.
    All of this is in aid of a very worthy charity which is close to my heart. Being a fisherman myself and after losing friends and family at sea, I believe we are very lucky to have such a great service provided for everyone at sea. I feel much more at ease going out to sea knowing the lifeboat is always there. The lifeboat rely mostly on volunteers.
    The RNLI (Royal National Lifeboat Institution) is an independent charity with a board of volunteer trustees. They are funded by charitable donations. Our local station is Fenit Lifeboat Station. They go out in all types of weather, day and night, doing all they can to save other people’s lives while often putting their own at risk. These people do a remarkable job and truly deserve as much support as possible.
    I really hope ye can all get behind me & show your support for the lifeboat & also myself! Spread the word and most importantly please donate and help us improve our lifeboat station. Check out the lifeboat's website below for more information and also to donate. Click the 'Donate Now' button on the website to send your donation.
    We are looking for people willing to take some sponsorship cards and sell them to help us out - contact Tina on 086 4179326 for more info.
    Thank you very much for all your support, it's really appreciated!

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=fenit+lifeboat&source=web&cd=2&sqi=2&ved=0CCAQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rnli.org.uk%2Frnli_near_you%2Fireland%2Fstations%2Ffenitkerry&ei=Gx28ToPBBsXIhAfLmuCYBw&usg=AFQjCNFAu5JJoOB-NuPmHgU9g8NdDF5f3g

Check out on Facebook also Facebook/peterslifeboatchallenge

Advertisement