Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend me a site that sells exciting straps?

Options
  • 24-11-2011 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭

So my other half wants to buy my a strap for my birthday. Naturally I responded as any man would and asked for a Gretsch cowboy strap to go with my Gretsch Annie but unfortunately this has been vetoed - I'll just buy it myself. Anyway, I was hoping that someone could recommend me a website that stocks nice, high quality straps, preferably with a wide variety of prints available - I'm partial to hippy-style, floral prints and paisley in particular.

I want something that will last though and hopefully something that has nice stitching. I'm not looking for one of those 'Police line do not cross' jobbies that your average 14 year old has. I want this to be luxurious. It's like being bought expensive shaving products - you probably wouldn't go to the trouble yourself but it's nice to have them anyway!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Dublin Guitar

Some of Levy's straps, while quite understated, are very luxurious and comfortable. Jodi Head and Get'm Get'm are two other nice ranges, and I've always been partial to the subtle looking Colonial Leather straps from Australia. They also make some nice cowboy ones. Happy strap shopping!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

If I was looking for a really nice strap I'd get a Couch strap. I really like the Racer X ones with the stripe (hey, cool enough for Nels Cline, cool enough for me), and their seatbelt ones are quite cool, but they do some cool printed ones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

The Jodi Head straps look great. They have a lot of colourful ones to choose from. That's just what I what I was looking for!

Although, it is extremely tempting to get one of their Virgin Mary straps too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

El Pr0n wrote: »
    If I was looking for a really nice strap I'd get a Couch strap. I really like the Racer X ones with the stripe (hey, cool enough for Nels Cline, cool enough for me), and their seatbelt ones are quite cool, but they do some cool printed ones too.

Ditto - ordered a strap from Couch before.

Great service, great strap and delivered in 4 days from the US...

Advertisement