Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ready for IVF with ICSI....

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Millymoon

Hi I would love to know how u got on as I am taking a similar route nxt month and am not sure about things. Did u go ahead with Simms???

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Millymoon

Hi starybliss
    How did u get on with Simms. I am starting icsi with them nxt month and would love to hear some experiences

• Registered Users Posts: 3 YUMMYMOMMY

HI All

i am new to this Forum and my DH & i are going thru ICSI with CFC

We are currently doing our 3rd Cycle but for the first time ever its a FET not fresh. I have such hopes for this one even tho its devastating :mad: when you get a BFN we just have to keep strong and get back on the horse as they say if it doesnt work again. Such a rollercoaster so hard and emotional im so glad ive found this site and can talk to others it really helps

I wish you all the best in your current cycles :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 clip82

I am with sims and found them great, it's a busy clinic so you don't see the same nurse every time, but it's busy because I feel they are very thorough, I got a good result and am 5 weeks pregnant with icsi let's hope it stays with me. Good luck with whatever clinic you choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭trg

clip82 wrote: »
    I am with sims and found them great, it's a busy clinic so you don't see the same nurse every time, but it's busy because I feel they are very thorough, I got a good result and am 5 weeks pregnant with icsi let's hope it stays with me. Good luck with whatever clinic you choose.

Clips82, hope things have held together for you.
    How did the dh results go?
    And had you many embies?
    We had 9 on day 5, implanted 2 but none to freeze the day after which has really rocked us back as were feeling hopeful after big jump in dh count and the embied were performing so well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Danig05

Hi all just new to this thread , starting my first round of Icsi on the 1st of August nerves are gone to say the least , it's great reading through all the stories on here

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lola15

Danig05 wrote: »
    Hi all just new to this thread , starting my first round of Icsi on the 1st of August nerves are gone to say the least , it's great reading through all the stories on here

Hi Danig05

I know exactly how u are feeling, last year we went through the same.
    We were ttc for a number of years and due to male factor we did icsi last year,
    We were blessed that it worked first time and are blessed with 2 wonderful babies.
    I wish you both every sucess and if u wanted to ask me anything at all please feel free to.....I found these forums fantastic as we didn't tell anyone what we were going through.

xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Danig05

Awh thanks for replying , just went to medipharm today and collected my prescription there's a hell of a lot of stuff just got even more nervous but fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tl69895

Hi all,

So glad I found this site. I'm 35 (36 in January). Have been diagnosed (at Merrion Fertility in Dublin) with low ovarian reserve. First FSH was 34.4. Repeat was 13.6 which I was told is still high. AMH is 2.1 Ultrasound showed only 2 follicles on right and none on left.

We've been advised that we should proceed with ICSI (partner has 2% on the semen morphology test). We've been given a 10% success rate using my eggs :'( but feel we have to give it a try before moving to donor egg which has a 45% success rate.

Have pre-IVF meeting in 2 weeks but am just so clueless about it all. ^idiot^ I started reflexology 2 weeks ago - has anyone else found this helps? What about acupuncture as I'm considering that as well.

Right now I'm just overwhelmed by it all - having to go down this road... along with factoring in how the hell we're going to pay for it. :-\ We've just started building a house and were already over budget. I know we'll figure it out so just trying to take one day at a time.

Anyone else in Southern Ireland in same boat or anyone at all who's tried ICSI? All info greatly received. :-*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭skallywag

Myself and the OH have done ICSI. It is indeed a rollercoaster of a journey, and I wish you all the very best. Feel free to ask anything you want.

• Advertisement

Thanks Skallywag

Am patiently waiting for my appointment with the nurses next week where I'm guessing theyll explain everything.

Ive been told I will be doing antagonist instead of down regulation. Just wondering which you did. How long does the whole process take?

Was it a success for you?

I cannot say that I recall hearing either of those terms, of course perhaps your doctor is going into more technical detail than ours did.

Re how long it takes, we had the first consultation and the treatment then started pretty much aligned to the next period cycle, i.e. lots of meds to be taken which basically con the ovaries into producing multiple eggs. Eggs taken out when they are 'ripe' (you have a few visits to monitor their progress in the days prior to this), fertilised the same day, and then you decide what to put back in 5 days later. Pregnancy test then 2 weeks after that. Lots of meds / injections too all along the way.

We had mixed success, in summary we made 7 attempts in total, of which the second was the only success story, though that in itself made it worthwhile.

thanks for that

Glad to see you had one success. Dont know that we can afford more than one go with my eggs before moving to one round with donor

Good luck with everything. We had a situation that the first 6 attempts were heavily subsidised (i.e. our cover paid for ca 70% of the costs each time) and we had to pay fully then out of our own pockets for the last attempt. At this stage you really need to start asking yourself is it worthwhile continuing and trying again, etc, and it's not an easy decision to stop. There comes a time though when you need to look at the mathematical chances for what they really are, and decide on whether it's really worth spending more money on or not.

so.... had pre IVF meeting on Tuesday. Now I'm on the countdown to starting the process. Just praying my period comes on time around 17 Nov as otherwise we have to wait till the new year... it can be erratic so fingers crossed! I just wanna get cracking :)

tl69895 wrote: »
    so.... had pre IVF meeting on Tuesday. Now I'm on the countdown to starting the process. Just praying my period comes on time around 17 Nov as otherwise we have to wait till the new year... it can be erratic so fingers crossed! I just wanna get cracking :)

Best of luck tl69895! No matter how it turns out for you I do not think you will regret it.

thank you :)

Advertisement