Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco seeking credit card statement and ID

Options
  • 24-11-2011 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

So... to cut a long story short, I switched a relative to Tesco PAYG, and topped them up with my credit card.

Then I needed to do it again, and it failed... said to call customer service. I tried a laser card, same failure. I called customer service, they said oh, you have to register the credit card... so they did that, and as expected it failed for them in the same way. They said, we'll have to ask finance about that. I'll add that I called my bank and they told me no transaction attempts were made on the CC.

So, I mailed for support. They replied from "TMI - Cusotmer Care <customercare@tescomo​bile.ie> ", and that's their typo not mine, asking for a CC statement and proof of ID to be faxed to 016195020, so that they can investigate.

Now, this is probably legit, since the reply was hopefully triggered by my help request, but miss-spelling Customer in your e-mail description does not instill confidence. Also, I really don't know how having my CC statement and ID is going to help them "investigate" when my bank says they didn't even try to take the money! I think it's reasonable to be a little paranoid these days.

Can anyone confirm that that fax number is indeed Tesco mobile?

Ix.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

DON'T MAIL THEM NOTHING

I'm on Tesco PAYG and never asked for ID not mind CC statement

Also misspelling is a definite sign of something wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Deffo phishing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

Fax number seems to be legit number for O2 who provide the network for Tesco, http://community.o2online.ie/t5/Online-Shop/order-query/td-p/312444

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Apologies for the confusion on this. This is a valid email from us and request.

There is a typo coming from the system on the email title label (not the address itself)

I will have this fixed immediately.

regards
    Paul

Advertisement