Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Course Transfer help

Options
  • 24-11-2011 1:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hey there. I am a first year business and law. I want to switch to engineering but I don't have the minimum maths requirement. This is not due to a lack of ability as I dropped honours for the leaving as I thought foolishly that I would need high points. I was good at maths, definitely good enough for honours as I got an A1 in pass with just looking over the exam paper a week before the exam... It was mind numbingly easy compared to honours.. I am getting all A's in maths in my course now, finding it so easy in all honesty, and now I realise that I really want to do engineering.. :( Am I too late for the deadline transfer, and if not, what can I do to gain entry to engineering? Do I have to sit the honours paper for lc? Help greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Hey there. I am a first year business and law. I want to switch to engineering but I don't have the minimum maths requirement. This is not due to a lack of ability as I dropped honours for the leaving as I thought foolishly that I would need high points. I was good at maths, definitely good enough for honours as I got an A1 in pass with just looking over the exam paper a week before the exam... It was mind numbingly easy compared to honours.. I am getting all A's in maths in my course now, finding it so easy in all honesty, and now I realise that I really want to do engineering.. :( Am I too late for the deadline transfer, and if not, what can I do to gain entry to engineering? Do I have to sit the honours paper for lc? Help greatly appreciated :)

Ask in the programme office for your course (Dunno who handles B&L).

You'll probably have to resit maths and reapply through the CAO afaik, but make enquiries.

Advertisement