Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop for med?

Options
  • 24-11-2011 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Howya,

Is there a real advantage in shelling out money on a laptop as a med student? Do people use them much? I've an iPad which I use a bunch, so I'm not sure if an oul laptop would be an awful waste of money :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭imported_guy

Howya,

Is there a real advantage in shelling out money on a laptop as a med student? Do people use them much? I've an iPad which I use a bunch, so I'm not sure if an oul laptop would be an awful waste of money :o
    if your college uses videos to teach you and they are made using flash you wont be able to work them on the ipad, writing reports etc may be a chore, might not be open certain notes/documents depending on the format, if your college uses stuff like moodle/black board, there might be problems.

but things to remember

your college will probably have computers and you will have access to them most of the day,

laptops can be got for cheap < 100 euro, second hand etc, no need to invest in mac book pro and a louis vuitton carry case for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭etymon

Moodle works grand on iPad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭kellogscoffey

So far, I can use blackboard away grand, and no problems with videos either, so I might just hold tough for the moment. Thanks very muchos for the friendly advice :D

Advertisement