Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where did everybody go?

• 24-11-2011 2:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

Was just looking through one of the old threads and noticed how many people are gone - Outlaw Pete, Liah, Wolfe Tone, Wagon - all closed accounts. What happened? I feel like I'm at a party, went to the loo, came out and everyone has disappeared.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Kimia wrote: »
    Was just looking through one of the old threads and noticed how many people are gone - Outlaw Pete, Liah, Wolfe Tone, Wagon - all closed accounts. What happened? I feel like I'm at a party, went to the loo, came out and everyone has disappeared.

You must think then maybe...it's you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

They all had their own reasons, like real life and stuff. Losers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Its the circle of boards..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Aoifey! wrote: »
    They all had their own reasons, like real life and stuff. Losers.

But.. closing their accounts! It's so drastic! Final. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭HLecter

they got jobs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Jobs? Back in the day most of the posting was done from work places.

After the great hacking scandal last year, it appears that many simply didn't reopen their accounts, or opened new ones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

HLecter wrote: »
    they got jobs?

they got a life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

It was the UFO's that took them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

It must have been the constant abuse or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

They just reinvent themselfs some place else that suits their want's and needs .

I know, I don't think I'd ever close mine, I'd probably just leave it open just in case I changed my mind.

Which I probably would...an hour later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

but those people are still posting:confused:

but those people are still posting:confused:

No they're not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

four people closed their account, hardly the end of boards.ie. there is still plenty of people on here.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I was just reading some old stuff on another forum. One thread of 313 posts had 6 closed accounts and 5 perma-banned accounts in it. 121 posts by accounts that can't be used any more. Felt weird reading it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Be very careful OP, or they will come for you.

I have heard they were last spoken of in the conspiracy theories forum...and then NOTHING.
    hondasam wrote: »
    four people closed their account, hardly the end of boards.ie. there is still plenty of people on here.

I suspect this is typical of what you might hear from one of the lieutenants of the new régime.

Just b'tween you' nd me, OP. Trust no one.
    Word to the wise. Especially not those newly registered members in the last few months who just seem to know their way about too well.

Spies everywhere. Must be off for my secret post drop off.

I think it's a bit weird to close your account and re reg, you cannot trust anyone these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I think everybody who been around this place a few years at some stage thinks about closing their account down ( myself included ) so it's a natural progression , new people come , older posters go .

At least if you leave with a clean account you know that you gave into the place as much as you got out of it and made some good friends , mindful of the fact that had you opened your mouth and spoke your mind more freely or told a few knobheads were to go ,you might long ago have got a ban . :)
    I think it's a bit weird to close your account and re reg, you cannot trust anyone these days.
    Not anyone !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Perhaps OutlawPete finally got caught by the Gardai? Well, that's what you get for being an outlaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

A few closed their accounts because of dodgy messages and the likes.
    I'm sure quite a few of them have re-reg'd and that their closer friends know about it.

kowloon wrote: »
    I'm sure quite a few of them have re-reg'd and that their closer friends know about it.

And what about the ones who will not admit to been a re reg, we can only speculate.
    Just goes to show the internet is full of weird people who lie all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

It must have been the constant abuse or something.

damn mods

not if you take out the daily spammers, its then only me, you and 4 other people

And what about the ones who will not admit to been a re reg, we can only speculate.
    Just goes to show the internet is full of weird people who lie all the time.

and cats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I'd say there'll be a few more big names gone before the end of the year too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I often wonder where so-and-so went, and then I realise they're still active in forums I don't frequent any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

TheZohan wrote: »
    I'd say there'll be a few more big names gone before the end of the year too.

Idle speculation?

Or

Inside knowledge?

There'll be a book written yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Every closed account has a reason, personal or professional or otherwise.
    Sorry but it's not for us to dwell on those reasons, it might not even be welcomed by the posters that left.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement