Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convenience Stores: We need a Kwik-E-Mart

Options
  • 24-11-2011 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭

Woke up this morning and realized we didn't have milk or bread for breakfast. It was just 7am and tried Joyces, then the Esso, then Dunnes, then Cylbaun stores. All shut! Unbelievable, it's like we're a third world country someitmes...

Any place in knocknacarra open in the morning?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The Texaco at Silver Strand opens at 7am, usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not in Knockers but:
    Tesco 24h
    Garage on Lough Italia 24h
    I thought Clybaun Stores open 7, is it 8?

Btw Delivering Fresh Milk in China

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭trasver

newkie wrote: »
    Unbelievable, it's like we're a third world country someitmes...

Any place in knocknacarra open in the morning?

I'm currently living in a third world country and have no bother getting milk from a shop at that time

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭tightropetom

Who needs the Kwik-E-Mart?

The Kwik-E-Mart is - D'OH!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Woke up this morning and realized we didn't have milk or bread for breakfast. It was just 7am and tried Joyces, then the Esso, then Dunnes, then Cylbaun stores. All shut! Unbelievable, it's like we're a third world country someitmes...

A healthy cow and a breadmaking machine would prevent a situation like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

Probably your nearest shops are in Salthill, a 24 hour garage and I think the Centra opens at 7am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

xflyer wrote: »
    Probably your nearest shops are in Salthill, a 24 hour garage and I think the Centra opens at 7am.

Hmm, may try the Centra next time... might even be parking in front that early. What 24hr garage do you mean? Is the Texaco on Grattan Rd 24hr?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9ItbbkHl5Q

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Hmm, may try the Centra next time... might even be parking in front that early. What 24hr garage do you mean? Is the Texaco on Grattan Rd 24hr?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9ItbbkHl5Q
    Kelleher's Texaco is 24 hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

Global warming, the economic meltdown now this

Robbo wrote: »
    Kelleher's Texaco is 24 hour.

Right, that's the one on Grattan and Lower Salthill Rd.

Cheers! Good to know for next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

trasver wrote: »
    I'm currently living in a third world country and have no bother getting milk from a shop at that time

This is one of the best posts I've read for months!

I've never quite got the bread/milk dependence thing either. Learn to eat porridge and drink black tea, problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Was in at Londis across from the hospital at 6.30am for sambo and coffee. They're 24h too.
    Not bad for a provincial town in a 3rd world nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

biko wrote: »
    Was in at Londis across from the hospital at 6.30am for sambo and coffee. They're 24h too.
    Not bad for a provincial town in a 3rd world nation.

I think we should permaban anyone that claims we are a 3rd word country because there isn't a 24h shop outside their front door they didn't check the fridge before they went to bed and are making the rest of us read about it.

antoobrien wrote: »
    I think we should permaban anyone that claims we are a 3rd word country because there isn't a 24h shop outside their front door they didn't check the fridge before they went to bed and are making the rest of us read about it.

Ok, since we do have a couple 24hr shops I guess we can be promoted to a 2nd world country.

Advertisement