Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Estate Punks

• 24-11-2011 10:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭

My neighbour told some kids to stop sitting on her car the other day and the next thing you know her side yard gate is vandalized and kicked down. If you touch them, you'd probably be arrested. If you yell, they'll probably vandalize you're car.

I think as a kid i would have also been afraid of having my ass kicked. There wasn't this mentality that you were "untouchable" back then.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

FACCKKKKK OWFFFFFFFFFFFF!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Every estate should have a cranky old Clint Eastwood-Gran Torino type character to deal with these punks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I'd love to go back to the punk era.
    Sounds like fun.
    Anarchy in the UK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

newkie wrote: »
    My neighbour told some kids to stop sitting on her car the other day and the next thing you know her side yard gate is vandalized and kicked down. If you touch them, you'd probably be arrested. If you yell, they'll probably vandalize you're car.

I think as a kid i would have also been afraid of having my ass kicked. There wasn't this mentality that you were "untouchable" back then.

It's this society we live in today

Not like back in the good ole days when Ireland was crime free

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I read the whole thread title and OP in Clint Eastwoods voice.

Do you feel lucky punk? Well? Do ya?

Edit:JerryHandbag spotted the Clintness before me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

biko wrote: »

Wonder how many of these folk are nodding off at their middle management desk now? They'ed be early - mid fifties now I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

A complaint can't be made if they are no longer breathing.

(Too far?)

A complaint can't be made if they are no longer breathing.

(Too far?)

Nope, too line-from-a-cheesy-80's-action-movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Giselle wrote: »
    I read the whole thread title and OP in Clint Eastwoods voice.

Do you feel lucky punk? Well? Do ya?

Edit:JerryHandbag spotted the Clintness before me!

LOL, very easy to spot "The Clintness". Stubble, scowl & shotgun.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Give their parents a few slaps instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Well, it's just pc gone mad again isn't it Ted.

Where do you think the kids get this mentality from? The parents are usually just bigger hairier versions of their kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Glue some thumb tacks to your car!

smash wrote: »
    Glue some thumb tacks to your car!

Punk as f*ck! YEAH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Kids used to be taught to respect other peoples property, and to respect their elders - theres none of that anymore. I don't like to generalize, because there are parents that care about what their kids get up to - but a lot of them are cheeky little fuckers, and their parents don't give a shyte.

If you don't guide and monitor a child when you bring them up, you're setting them up for disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

chin_grin wrote: »

Where do you think the kids get this mentality from? The parents are usually just bigger hairier versions of their kids.

Then OP burn your house down. Can't vandalise a burnt down house, can they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Smear dog sh*t all over the car. That'll stop them wanting to sit there.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EggsAckley

Why didn't they vandalise her car?

The parents are usually just bigger hairier versions of their kids.
    That made me laugh :pac:

You're not wrong though. As the saying goes, "the apple never falls far from the tree".

• Advertisement

EggsAckley wrote: »
    Why didn't they vandalise her car?

'cos ih was punk wasn it!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Wait untill they reach 18 and then unleash hell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Wait untill they reach 18 and then unleash hell

It'd be handy if his dog's name was Hell then he wouldn't have to wait until the kids were 18 and could just unleash him now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Wonder how many of these folk are nodding off at their middle management desk now? They'ed be early - mid fifties now I guess.
    Me. But I still spit at people.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Me. But I still spit dribble at people.

FYP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

In order to vandalise her side gate they'd have to be on her property so as long as the don't "trip and fall" or "sit on a pitchfork" the next time they trespass, she'll be OK. If they complain regarding the anal forking - "I was in fear of my life Officer" or "I was sure I left that in the shed, why they had to sit on it I'll never know".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Someday a real rain will come and was all the scum from the streets.

*sellotapes gun to arm*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

You're using your rose tinted specs OP. There were plenty of cheeky little feckers around years ago.

Plazaman wrote: »
    In order to vandalise her side gate they'd have to be on her property so as long as the don't "trip and fall" or "sit on a pitchfork" the next time they're on she'll be OK. They complain regarding an anal forking - "I was in fear of my life Officer" or "I was sure I left that in the shed, why they had to sit on it I'll never know".

Or you could set up a load of rakes\pitchforks up in your garden. So you'll hear a whoosh-whack and a grumble over and over again. G'wan it'll be hilarious and not like out of some popular cartoon sit-com.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Leave out vodka bottles laced with laxatives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Buy them smokes. They'll get hooked and die of nasty cancers in early middle-age. They'll not bothering you after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

What about getting one of those high pitched alarms that only kids can hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Another woman in my estate, similar story, told some kids to stop sitting on her wall. She said later there were 12 teens starting at her house. She was terrified to leave the house.

My point was say I caught them in the act. If I gave them a slap I'd be the one leaving in cuffs. Could you even sit on them or tie their hands with zip-ties until the guards came? Doubt it.

I would be hard pressed to admit anything I admire about Texas or Texans but their trespassers will be shot mentality would come in handy sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

A friend has an ESB box beside her garden wall and the kids always climb it and sit on her wall so one day she went out and poured some dirty oil on top of the box and her wall.

30 mins later she had a neighbour complain about her son's clothes being ruined. Served him right, and they didn't do it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If you touch them, you'd probably be arrested.

Doubt it. You'll get away with a few clatters. Just don't hurt them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

stovelid wrote: »
    Doubt it. You'll get away with a few clatters. Just don't hurt them.
    incorrect. as much as touching a minor can be charged as assault.

It's not a class thing either, it's all to do with sh!t parents. I knew of a merc driving salesman scumbag who's son was causing havoc, used to call to people's homes and threaten them if they said anything to the little snotweasel.

The only things kids are afraid of is other kids. I once got a local traveller kid to beat another kid up for a pack of smokes. Saved me a lot of hassle the battered kid never left his house after it. Teach him to play knick knacks.

Leftist wrote: »
    I once got a local traveller kid to beat another kid up for a pack of smokes. Saved me a lot of hassle the battered kid never left his house after it. Teach him to play knick knacks.

Gotcha! This whole thread was a sting operation. You're goin' down pal. :pac:

But yeah, if that's true it's a little over the top for kids taking the mick and just having some fun.

The only things kids are afraid of is other kids. I once got a local traveller kid to beat another kid up for a pack of smokes. Saved me a lot of hassle the battered kid never left his house after it. Teach him to play knick knacks.

o_O

Or you could try the non-violent approach of ignoring the door, then they get pissed off not getting a reaction and they stop..

Depends on who it is. I had a run-in last year with a group of them and one threatened to stab me (basically lads our - fairly nice and respectable - area with boys in the hood fantasies) so I gave him a clatter and they was no legal comeback back despite lots of sniveling from him about doing so. And I'm hardly a hard man.

In fairness, you are taking the risk of the family being nut-cases and coming round but they'll run riot if you show fear.

Depends on who it is. I had a run-in last year with a group of them and one threatened to stab me (basically lads from a nice respectable area with boys in the hood fantasies) so I gave him a clatter and they was no legal comeback back despite lots of sniveling from him about doing so.

Ha... Stovie the kiddy-battherer :D

• Advertisement

Abi wrote: »

Have you seen the size of some 15-16 year olds these days? They were as tall as me. Thought I was going to get a hiding to be honest.

Depends on who it is. I had a run-in last year with a group of them and one threatened to stab me (basically lads our - fairly nice and respectable - area with boys in the hood fantasies) so I gave him a clatter and they was no legal comeback back despite lots of sniveling from him about doing so.

In fairness, you are taking the risk of the family being nut-cases and coming round but they'll run riot if you show fear.

So, if I'm reading this right, some little kid threatens to stab you and you went over and gave him a hiding?

I suppose the best defence is a good offence, but until I'm touched I wouldn't have been the first to strike.

And gave him a hiding?

I said a clatter.

And little kid my bollix. It was also outside my house (which they had kicked the door) with my kids in there.

Where I'm from, if you are big and strong enough to start it, you can take the consequences.

Abi wrote: »

Have you seen the size of some 15-16 year olds these days? They were as tall as me. Thought I was going to get a hiding to be honest.

Some are freakishly big alright, and can be vey intimidating when in a group.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

lol - anyone vandilzing my property will get their a$$ handed to them on a platter, be they 13 or 60 - I couldn't care what age they are.

If their parents don't dish it out then well, you'll just have to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

It's not a class thing either, it's all to do with sh!t parents. I knew of a merc driving salesman scumbag who's son was causing havoc, used to call to people's homes and threaten them if they said anything to the little snotweasel.

Surely you could just knock the $hit out of them and if it did go to court ask for "evidence"

Without eveidence you'll be grand sure.
    "innocent until proven guilty" and all that

On the good side if they did have evidence you know our judges don't lock any1 up, even for murder so it's a win win really.

Advertisement