Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saorview basic questions

• 24-11-2011 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

hi all

I'm trying to get my head around the Saorview offering and whether it's right or worthwhile for me. I've tried reading a few threads and the saorview site but I'm not entirely clear

Situation:

1. Old CRT telly connected to a UPC box, no hdd, no premium channels.
    2. a full HD projector hooked up to a PS3 for dvd, blu-ray and streamed content (no tv).

I'm in a rented house so I can't put up any aerials on the roof. I can see 3 rock from a window upstairs so I suppose I could hang an aerial out of the window somhow. There's a rail I could attach it to

What I'd LIKE to have is a HD signal for whatever free-to-air HD channels can be had in Ireland including BBC etc, plus as many non-HD as possible. Ditch UPC for the telly completely and have no ongoing costs.

From what I understand I'd need

- aerial for Saorview
    - dish for Freesat
    - boxes for each tv/prjector

Is that right, and is there someone I can call who'll do the whole thing for a on-extortionate price?

I don't suppose the Saorview signal comes down the cable coming in to the house for the UPC box?

Sorry for asking such noob questions, thanks in advance to anyone who'll give a go answering them!
    Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement