Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the worst Christmas present you ever gave?

• 24-11-2011 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

OK - you see something in the shops and think it looks nice, maybe a bit zany, perhaps you'd even had a couple of drinks at the time, maybe it was Christmas eve and the shops were about to close.
    Whatever the reason, you've given someone a present and then watched with horror as they've opened it in front of you and you realise that yes, you've actually gone into a shop and paid money for 'THAT'.

I once gave my girlfriend a cardboard clock for our first Christmas!!??.
    I clearly remember the look of puzzlement on her face as she looked at it and then gamely tried to look happy.

We did get married many years later and I've always tried to make an effort with presents as I'm still haunted by the cardboard clock.

Anyone else got any admissions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭hoorsmelt

Dishwasher salt for the Grandmother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Isn't there a f*ckin' forum for all this?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1295

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Whats with all the christmas present threads...

I kinda reckon one would suffice

or indeed

======> Christmas Forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I gave socks to my dad one year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Me to Brother1: here's 50 euro.

Brother1 to Me: here's 50 euro.

Me to Brother 2: here's 50 euro.

Brother2 to Me: here's 50 euro.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

A dildo. To a girl in the work kris kindle. I thought it was hilairious. She didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭cml387

A dildo. To work in the girl kris kindle. I thought it was hilairious. She didn't.

Fixed your post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

An appointment to the post-natal abortion clinic to a guy i didnt like.

*this might be a lie*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Gave a guy cat food.

He didn't have a cat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Nothing, the only people I give presents to is my nephews, the rest of them can feck right off, humbug to all of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

I gave an ex-girlfriend a gift voucher to a really posh hotel for a night. When we arrived I got drunk, climaxed after 30 seconds and fell asleep.

In my defence the thought was sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭doyle61

Gave my neice and nephew two gunnie pigs..............one male one female. The kids loved them, the brother and sister in law hated them, I knew they were male and female but no one else did: the results were brilliant............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

My company.

Advertisement