Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sin Bin Nightclub

• 24-11-2011 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭

does anyone know if this place is still open? i have rumors it had closed down and others tell me it's still going. anyone know the story? we tried to go down there about 7 or 8 months ago on a friday night but they told us it wasnt open that particular night, it was locked up etc. cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Still open.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

7 or 8 months ago why you asking now??

The club was gone quiet on Friday nights so they started just keeping the main bar open late with a band and dj,makes sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,889 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Yip its back open its the new place for the 18-21 year old's to go now Trinty is shut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Yip its back open its the new place for the 18-21 year old's to go now Trinty is shut.

More like 16-20 if it's anything like trinity :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Lads,get info correct before knocking a local business

Yes they are running student nights there on tuesday and thursday nights over 18

I know someone working there and the security staff are a good bunch

If the club was locked they would have informed you the bar was open late

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

bigpink wrote: »

Yes they are running student nights there on tuesday and thursday nights over 18

I know someone working there and the security staff are a good bunch

If the club was locked they would have informed you the bar was open late

Oh the ironing

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

Was there on a Friday night about 3-4 weeks ago, never felt so old, 15-18 would be more like it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 robd55

Whats the Saturday night crowd like? Is it busy? Age group? havent been there in ages!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,526 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Lets just say if the 55 from your username is your age or year of birth, you're in trouble. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

If they have taken over from the mature crowd that went there, where have they gone now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 robd55

Thanks Mr E no in my early thirties too old for dicon and da lane. Thought that was the venue for me, havent been in about a year has the crowd changed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Mc Love wrote: »
    If they have taken over from the mature crowd that went there, where have they gone now?

St Camillus'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

At home making babies

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    St Camillus'

And that might be closing as well, so will need a new place to pick up the older lady.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

bigpink wrote: »

Who was knocking it?

If you mean the poster that started the thread, then I did not see them "knocking" a local business. He/she asked if the club was still open as the last time they tried to go there it was closed. Hardly knocking a business now is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

I'd say Bentleys on O'Connell street is the main place for the more mature crowd now, and apparently Teds is due to open up again soon.

AFIK its only in the last 5 or 6 months the Sin Bin has opened up to the leaving cert crowd

Advertisement