If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Audion Airstream

Options
  • 24-11-2011 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭

Hi

Intrested in this, just wondering, Can I connect an external device to it?

Was looking at addiing a CD player to it and play CDs etc

Any help appreciated

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Might be interested in one of these if the price is right too.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi

Intrested in this, just wondering, Can I connect an external device to it?

Was looking at addiing a CD player to it and play CDs etc

Any help appreciated

..oh one of my fave products - just beautiful looking - I have 2 myself, one DAB one and one non DAB one (it's the white one and the one I love most..)

These are just so different from all the run of the mill 'Pure' and other brands arounds at the moment - I'll be the very 1st to admit that they are not perfect - but the combination of build quality and stunning audio quality as well as being just so damn easy to use makes them the perfect product - and oh did I mention that they look really beautiful.......

.... add in the huge price drop and they are a complete no brainer..

The FM / Internet radio unit is now just £99.95 and is available in either black or white (go white - it looks so expensive!)

FM Tuner / Wireless streaming & Ethernet port /MP3 compatible / Auxiliary
    Alarm clock with snooze / 4 Presets per radio type / Radio Data System / Line in (for an external device) / Line Out / Headphone socket..

Or you could go for the DAB / Web radio version ( I personally don't think it's worth it to listen to 26 versions of RTE (assuming you are down south of course) and that's currently £124.95..

..You won't regret it......

..Keep me posted if you would like to add a bit of luxury into your life & grab one..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

ok..ok...ok...you convinced me

Would like one in white, non Dab please

You may have my details already on file already

If not let me know and I will PM

P.S - Would you know of a micro CD player tha could go with this ?

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Hi John, does it stream FLAC's? Doesn't mention it in the video.

ok..ok...ok...you convinced me

Would like one in white, non Dab please

You may have my details already on file already

If not let me know and I will PM

P.S - Would you know of a micro CD player tha could go with this ?

Regards

Deep, if you would drop me a PM with your name - I'll dig up your details and we'll give you a shout...

...Micro CD's ...none I afraid... But sure just stream the music from your PC via the Airstream!

Keep me posted, looking forward to hearing from you,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Hi John

Just one question

What internet database does this use to access stations?

Is it Reciva or something like that?

Cheers

Hi John

Just one question

What internet database does this use to access stations?

Is it Reciva or something like that?

Cheers

Deep,

Here is the link to the manual: http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/assets/files/manuals/as10.manual.pdf

To be honest I've never asked the question however the manual has the
    following ( It even mentions Dublin & Shannon!!! :D) (I've highlighted the txt BTW)

Frontier Silicon - Established in 2001 as a privately-funded fabless semiconductor company, Frontier Silicon has rapidly become the world’s leading supplier of innovative semiconductor, module and software solutions for digital radio and connected audio systems.
    Headquartered in Watford, on the northwest outskirts of London, Frontier Silicon has around 120 staff, 70% engineers, with R&D centres in several locations including Cambridge, Dublin, Shannon and Hong Kong Their multimode connected audio platforms support over 10,000 Internet radio
    stations through the Frontier Silicon on-line radio portal.

Keep me posted - if you need any further info - I'll ask the Geeks in Monitor Audio for you ( All I need to know is the preset 1 on mine is RTE 1 / Preset 2 is Baroque radio / Preset 3 is for Radio 3 and 4 is for Radio 4 :D )

ATVB,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

One of these would be perfect for us... Damn, more stuff to make my wallet shrink!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

nesf wrote: »
    One of these would be perfect for us... Damn, more stuff to make my wallet shrink!

We've got another one sitting here, it could be yours if you like. :)

Lovely little radios. Perfect for sitting in on those cold nights with some good tunes, looks well nice too!!

Chris

We've got another one sitting here, it could be yours if you like. :)

Lovely little radios. Perfect for sitting in on those cold nights with some good tunes, looks well nice too!!

Chris

I'd need to discuss it with my wife, it's as much for her as me.

• Advertisement

I'd need to discuss it with my wife, it's as much for her as me.

Ofcourse. :)

We've more coming in very soon. If you decide to go for one, or if you have any questions just let us know.

Have a nice weekend.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

So, I've done a deal where I donate my Cambridge SoundWorks 745 to the kitchen and get myself one of these for the bedroom. Just have a couple of questions:

Are they in stock at the moment? If not, will they be in stock before Christmas (in black)?

I know it's a bit subjective, but any idea how they compare sound-wise to the Cambridge (which sounds very nice for essentially a clock radio)?

What's the best boardsie price on the FM version (I'll even drive out to the motorway and collect it when you drive past on your way home, John! ;) )

blastman wrote: »
    So, I've done a deal where I donate my Cambridge SoundWorks 745 to the kitchen and get myself one of these for the bedroom. Just have a couple of questions:)

ah you'll soon be replacing the one in the Kitchen as well ;)
    Are they in stock at the moment? If not, will they be in stock before Christmas (in black)?

We do have stock of both at the moment, but we are really low, but we do have more on the water to us at the moment so we will see decent stocks in the next few days - so no escape, 110% before Xmas...
    I know it's a bit subjective, but any idea how they compare sound-wise to the Cambridge (which sounds very nice for essentially a clock radio)?

Completely subjective, exactly as you say, but I've heard most of the decent Dab/ Internet type radios and not many of them sound great - the Creative was an exception and the Cambridge is also half decent - the run of the mill brands including some of the expensive ones I generally just can't listen to as they are so bad and brittle sounding - the balance on the Airstream is def on the 'warm' side, but to be honest I far prefer that to something that takes your ears out - I think that it sounds great, and for the money it's exceptional... I know I keep repeating it, but I've 2 of them myself...
    What's the best boardsie price on the FM version (I'll even drive out to the motorway and collect it when you drive past on your way home, John! ;) )

£99.95 really is the best price I can do on the FM/Internet version and the FM/Dab/INternet version £124.95...

...as for these clandestine meetings on the border, we're going to start to get a bad reputation if we're not careful! :D

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

Ah, so the DAB version does FM as well? I got the impression it was either one or the other.....

Ah, so the DAB version does FM as well? I got the impression it was either one or the other.....

..and thats probably my fault..:o

they both have:
    • FM Tuner
    • Internet radio
    • Wireless streaming & Ethernet port
    • MP3 compatible / Auxiliary
    • Alarm clock with snooze
    • 4 Presets for each tuner
    • Radio Data System
    • Line in
    • Line Out
    • Headphones out

..and lots of other bits..

The Dab version just adds DAB to the list above...

Keep me posted..

ATVB,

J

..and thats probably my fault..:o

they both have:
    • FM Tuner
    • Wireless streaming & Ethernet port
    • MP3 compatible / Auxiliary
    • Alarm clock with snooze
    • 4 Presets for each tuner
    • Radio Data System
    • Line in
    • Line Out
    • Headphones out

..and lots of other bits..

The Dab version just adds DAB to the list above...

Keep me posted..

ATVB,

J

Does the wireless streaming work off an iTunes home share or is it only from a NAS?

It does uPNP, so you should be able to stream from NAS (like Mine) or any data storage device on the network like you PC as long as sharing is turned on in the device like itunes on my mac.

I can select either NAS or Mac as needed.

Sorry for jumping in here John ...:eek:

It does uPNP, so you should be able to stream from NAS (like Mine) or any data storage device on the network like you PC as long as sharing is turned on in the device like itunes on my mac.

I can select either NAS or Mac as needed.

Sorry for jumping in here John ...:eek:

Deep Thought,

Not at all - thanks a million - one less job to do!

:D:D

J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

Melendez wrote: »

Mele,

apologies - not sure I understand you :confused:

We ship both varieties of the Airstream to Dublin no problem and we ship to Dublin every Day - I've just been told we are out of stock of the Non Dab version in white - but we have more on order so we should see them rapid..

Drop me a line if you would like any flavour with your contact details and we'll do our best to get you sorted..

ATVB,

John Mc

• Advertisement

Melendez wrote: »

In fairness, if you hijack another thread, its difficult to follow the thread and expect everyone to read every thread especially since they replied to the OP query

Its best to post individually and John did apologize earlier for delay in responding.

You always get a reply to new individual requests

My 0.02 worth anyway

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@Deep Thought,

Please bear in mind that queries here are for RS to deal with, as explained in the Charter - we ask Boardies not to intervene in matters between RS and other Boardies.

I appreciate that you are the OP on this thread, but it is routine on this forum for others to add their queries on threads about specific items, as in this thread with other users, and it is solely a matter for RS to deal with those queries, most particularly ones which relate to customer service matters.

If you have any queries regarding this, please feel free to contact me by PM as set out in the Charter and I will be happy to discuss with you without derailing this thread any further.

Thanks,

Ritz.

Duly Noted....

Hi Nesf.

Just spotted this one was not answered.

The radio uses UPNP and is designed around windows media 11 and pc sharing / NAS.

It will stream AAC files but you would need to have your own UPNP software running on the MAC as it doesn't support it out of the box.

I hope this helps but here's a link to the manual in case you need to get your head around it.

http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/assets/files/manuals/as10.manual.pdf

ATB

Dave
    Does the wireless streaming work off an iTunes home share or is it only from a NAS?

Hi

Any update on stock of the White non DAB?

Ordered It last week and lads said it was due back in stock middle last week and thought it may be here by now

Cheers

DT

Hi

Any update on stock of the White non DAB?

Ordered It last week and lads said it was due back in stock middle last week and thought it may be here by now

Cheers

DT

DT,

apologies for the delay getting back to you (again) - I have also just replied to your PM.

Unfortunately we are still out of stock of the Non Dab in white - I was chasing them today and I should have some update tomorrow PM and as soon as I get it I'll post here..

...Apologies again for the delay,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Got a call from shop

All sorted

Big thanks

DT

• Advertisement

John/guys, my brother will be in Belfast tomorrow and can collect this for me. Would you have the black DAB model in stock? I can call in the morning to organise payment if you do, he'd probably be looking to collect around 11.30-12.00.

Sorry for the short notice, only found out about an hour ago!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.