If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Audion Airstream

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@blastman,

It's possible that your post won't be seen by RS in the timescale you have in mind, if you want something picked up I'd advise you to phone the shop tomorrow morning and speak to the guys.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

They must have been busy, all right. I couldn't even get through on the phone a couple of times! Thanks to Chris for sorting me out, though, looking forward to getting my hands on it now (if the brother doesn't run off with it!)

Just FYI, one thing I didn't realise is that you can't pay over the phone for collection, only for items for delivery. Not a complaint or anything, just posting this info in case it's relevant to anyone else.

Got my Airstream set up last night and I have to say I love it already! I was pleasantly surprised to find I can pick up the BBC on DAB which is great. The sound is great considering it only has one speaker and music streaming and Internet radio was dead easy to set up. Fantastic gadget and lovely looking in the flesh.

You see, it's actually worth listening to what John is saying (sometimes)! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

blastman wrote: »
    Got my Airstream set up last night and I have to say I love it already! I was pleasantly surprised to find I can pick up the BBC on DAB which is great. The sound is great considering it only has one speaker and music streaming and Internet radio was dead easy to set up. Fantastic gadget and lovely looking in the flesh.

Eagerly awaiting mine...

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Told ya.. ;)

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Told ya.. ;)

BTW, I've a crow to pluck with you. I was charged 129.95, not the 124.95 quoted on the thread. I hope that extra fiver was for the Simon Community... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭MHP

Got my Airstream set up last night and I have to say I love it already! I was pleasantly surprised to find I can pick up the BBC on DAB which is great.

BBC on DAB!!? What part of the country are you in?

MHP wrote: »
    BBC on DAB!!? What part of the country are you in?

North Co Dublin.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Hi Blastman,

Tempted to buy this unit. Have a Roberts internet radio (83i Stream) in the bedroom buy want something for the TV room. Was considering the Marantz 603 + decent speakers circa. €700/800 but am tempted to buy just a small unit like the Airstream.
    Room, 4m. X 5m.

Like the Airstream, I can pick up music off the computer and listen alot to Internet Radio (World Service and Radio 4 etc etc.)
    It the sound really good? Capable of "annoying the neighbours", on that scale?
    Cheers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

No remote control I see...........hmmmm.
    :mad:

• Advertisement

Hi PlanetX, I got it for the bedroom and it works perfectly well in that scenario. On its own it's not going to bother the neighbours, though. It does have a nice warm sound and it's quite impressive considering it is mono. Again, this might work better in a bedroom or kitchen rather than a TV room.

I have a set of powered speakers I plan to try out with it, there might be some neighbour-bothering happening then! :)

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

BTW, I've a crow to pluck with you. I was charged 129.95, not the 124.95 quoted on the thread. I hope that extra fiver was for the Simon Community... :D

that extra fiver was for the John Mc Community

..no mea Culpa - completely our fault and apologies for the overcharge - I've asked the guys to give you a shout to get that £5 refunded for ya...

Keep me posted..

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

No worries, John, the boys were on the case already and apparently it has been sorted. Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Planet.

It's a great little unit for the bedroom although the MCR603 and decent speakers would wipe the floor with the airstream but then again they are 2 very different products.

The features of the airstream are excellent but it's the sound that really impresses and the price makes it a great little product that looks good, sounds great and performs a lot of features.

We've sold loads and I haven't heeard any complaints yet.

ATB

Dave
    Planet X wrote: »
    Hi Blastman,

Tempted to buy this unit. Have a Roberts internet radio (83i Stream) in the bedroom buy want something for the TV room. Was considering the Marantz 603 + decent speakers circa. €700/800 but am tempted to buy just a small unit like the Airstream.
    Room, 4m. X 5m.

Like the Airstream, I can pick up music off the computer and listen alot to Internet Radio (World Service and Radio 4 etc etc.)
    It the sound really good? Capable of "annoying the neighbours", on that scale?
    Cheers.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.