Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Course Advice

Options
  • 24-11-2011 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Some good advice here...

I'm interested in a role for which I've completed the first round of interview.

It's a Finance and IT manager's role. The organisation is looking to amalgamate both roles into one.

I'm a chartered accountant, and have managed the IT function (getting finance for IT and co-ordinating when and what was required), but this role will need to be hands on.

What course would ye recommend - CCENT for starters or something else.

The organisation is a mid sized educational body (not in the IT sector) and would have LAN/WAN network.

I imagine there would be a lead in time for the person to get up to speed in the role.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

CCENT --> CCNA --> CCNP :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Some good advice here...

I'm interested in a role for which I've completed the first round of interview.

It's a Finance and IT manager's role. The organisation is looking to amalgamate both roles into one.

I'm a chartered accountant, and have managed the IT function (getting finance for IT and co-ordinating when and what was required), but this role will need to be hands on.

What course would ye recommend - CCENT for starters or something else.

The organisation is a mid sized educational body (not in the IT sector) and would have LAN/WAN network.

I imagine there would be a lead in time for the person to get up to speed in the role.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If you have any computer skills at all I would advise you to skip the CCENT and go straight into CCNA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

T-K-O wrote: »
    If you have any computer skills at all I would advise you to skip the CCENT and go straight into CCNA

They aren't related.
    It doesn't cost any extra to take CCENT and then CCNA plus you get longer to sit the exam.

I took CCNA but I would have taken CCENT if I had the opportunity to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

iRock wrote: »
    They aren't related.
    It doesn't cost any extra to take CCENT and then CCNA plus you get longer to sit the exam.

I took CCNA but I would have taken CCENT if I had the opportunity to do so.

Dont you have to pay to sit the exam...?

Advertisement