Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Alarm - Help

Options
  • 24-11-2011 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

We've had an Astec alarm installed in a rental property for a number of years. The alarm hasn't been used in a long time but a new tenant is keen to use the alarm.

We've had some new windows installed, and some sensors were moved. I see on the display on the panel the number 14 followed by 'Call Engineer'. The original company that installed it, seems to have gone out of business. Apparently the Astec alarms are not popular and are not known by all Alarm engineers.

I'm not an electrician and I don't have time to try and fix it myself. Does anyone know of an Alarm company that works with the Astec alarm system.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I found Altor fantastic.
    He is fully insured and registered.
    Altor also know Astec insideout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

try posting in this forum
    they are always really helpful there
    maybe mods will move it for you
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1366

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The calll engineer is more than likely related to the sensors that have been moved.
    Have a look at the sticky here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748
    for some installers there is a link to the PSA register where you can search for licenced installers. As always shop around for price. Call outs vary a lot these days.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Moved to HSS

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi,

We've had an Astec alarm installed in a rental property for a number of years. The alarm hasn't been used in a long time but a new tenant is keen to use the alarm.

We've had some new windows installed, and some sensors were moved. I see on the display on the panel the number 14 followed by 'Call Engineer'. The original company that installed it, seems to have gone out of business. Apparently the Astec alarms are not popular and are not known by all Alarm engineers.

I'm not an electrician and I don't have time to try and fix it myself. Does anyone know of an Alarm company that works with the Astec alarm system.

Thanks

Fitting the sensors back on the windows should clear the fault plus make the alarm usable to the tenant again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 binary_finary

Thanks guys!

Advertisement